Simple Strip Tests for WMD Agents
- Weapons of mass destruction--threats and responses. Gosden, Christine; Gardener, Derek // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/13/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7513, p397
Discusses the threats and responses to weapons of mass destruction. The diversity of WMD and their delivery mechanisms, including the properties of chemical and biological agents; Advice for managing mass casualties and other preparedness measures; The long term health effect of WMD.
- A Method of Determining the Monitoring Points of Emergency Systems. Potekhin, A. // Automation & Remote Control;Jul2005, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p1185
A method of analyzing the event model of man-caused emergencies at potentially hazardous plants was proposed. Analysis establishes a set of the monitoring points for the emergency systems. The method enables one to determine all variants of arranging the monitoring points. An example of...
- Biological Weapons as a Strategic Threat. Bracken, Paul // Public Health Reports;Sep2001 Supplement 2, Vol. 116 Issue 5, p5
Discusses the proliferation of biological and chemical weapons in several countries. Effect of weapons of mass destruction on the balance of power in the world; Reason behind the proliferation of biological weapons in developing countries.
- Syria: How to Destroy Its Chemical Weapons? DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;8/30/2013, p12
The article reports that biggest concern regarding a military strike designed destroy Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, is that such a strike could release and disperse the chemical agents without destroying them, and with disastrous consequences. It states that the U.S. military has been...
- Kuwait takes part in chemical weapons exercise with U.S. // Geo-Strategy Direct;5/11/2011, p11
The article reports that the Kuwait National Guard conducted a weapons of mass destruction (WMD) exercise with the U.S. Army's Chemical Weapons Defense Unit on how to defend against a chemical weapons attack in April 2011. The exercise was a part of Kuwait's plan to prepare for an attack by...
- Chemical Weapons: The Human Toll. // Chemistry International;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p10
The article looks at the short and long-term human toll of the use of chemical weapons in Syria in 2013 and in Iran in the 1980s, with mustard gas and a nerve agent such as sarin as the common chemical weapons used in the attacks.
- Editorial. // Australasian Science;Jul2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
Editorial. Comments on issues on chemical weapons. Reaction of world leaders to chemical weapons; Details of the 1925 Geneva Protocol; Role of Australia in diplomatic efforts to control weapons of mass destruction; Ratification of the Chemical Weapons Convention on April 29, 1997.
- The Chemical Weapons Challenge Weitz, Richard // World Politics Review (19446284);7/13/2010, p2
The article provides information about the requirement of the Chemical Weapons Convention to get rid of stockpiles of chemical weapons. It is stated that there are difficulties in destroying a nation's chemical weapons holdings, as illustrated by the failure of the U.S. and Russia to meet their...
- What Might Be Expected in Monitoring Syria: Lessons from Past Middle East Weapons Inspections. Gold, Dore // Jerusalem Issue Briefs;
The article discusses Syria's chemical weapons in context of gaining control of the weapons of mass destruction (WMD) of Middle East's rogue regimes. It mentions that the cease-fire resolution by United Nation Security Council Resolution 687 called for the disarmament of Iraq from WMD and ended...