NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 30 AGENTS
- 76 ESTHER NEWBERG/AMANDA URBAN. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;Dec2006 Women in Entertainment, p80
The article reports on Esther Newberg, Co-head of publications and Amanda Urban, director of the literary department at International Creative Management Inc. The two women executives together own one of the top client lists in publishing business in New York state. Newberg managed to get a new...
- DEALS. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 44, p8
The article presents updates on several publishing deals in the U.S. Putnam's Dan Conaway has preempted a new book by Peter Nichols, tentatively called Oyl and Ice: A Whaling Fleet, an Arctic Storm, and the World's First Oil Crisis. Esther Newberg at ICM just sold a new book by Richard Haass to...
- The Agents. // Book Publishing Report;04/02/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p5
Lists the top literary agents in the United States, rankings based on number of hardcover fiction bestsellers in the first quarter of 2001. Emergence of Esther Newberg on top of the list.
- 2004 Paperback Nonfiction Bestsellers by Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p8
Presents a chart depicting paperback nonfiction "New York Times" top literary agents by number of titles.
- 2005 Paperback Nonfiction Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on top literary agents for paperback nonfiction books. The agents that have been listed are: David Black, Don Congdon, Robert Barnett, Owen Laster, Jane Dystel, Charlotte Sheedy, Anneli Hoier, Tina Bennett, John Brockman, Jed Mattes, John A. Ware, and Katinka Matson.
- Gotham's rude mood. Bart, Peter // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, p4
Describes changes in the attitudes of film and literary agents in New York City. Comparison with agents' attitudes in Los Angeles, California; Reputation of agent Sam Cohn in show business; Literary agent Esther Newberg's relationship with clients and buyers.
- Finding the Right Agent. Grandy, Libby // Writers' Journal;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p15
The article provides several tips on how writers can find the right agent who will market their literary works directly to publishing companies in the U.S. It is recommended that fledgling writers market their work first to agents because they have the essential business contact with top...
- 2005 Paperback Fiction Top Literary Agents by No. of Titles. // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p8
Presents lists of 2005 paperback fiction top literary agents by number of titles in the U.S.
- The Festival of the Book: Romanian Society's Perception of Books and Readings between the Two World Wars. MĂRCUS, Dana Maria // Philobiblon: Transylvanian Journal of Multidisciplinary Research;Jan-Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p54
Romanian culture in the 1930s witnessed an authentic cultural spectacle centred on books. The Day of the Book, which was later to become the Week of the Book, and during the royal dictatorship (10 February 1938 - 6 September 1940) the Month of the Book, was a nation-wide event, creating a...