Charles River Media Publishes New Tech Exam Guide
- The EDP People You Seek May Be on Your Payroll. Davis, Sidney // Banking;Sep69, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p47
Provides tips on tapping a source of electronic data processing (EDP) personnel in the U.S. Factors that favor the internal recruitment and training program of EDP personnel; Relation between the supply and demand of EDP personnel and their salaries; Reasons for high turnover of EDP personnel.
- Finding Their Way. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p43
Reviews the business performance of independent publishers in the U.S. in 2002. ibooks; Harbor House; Charles River Media.
- PW's Small Publisher Standouts. // Publishers Weekly;3/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p48
Presents a chart depicting several successful small independent publishers in the U.S. Name of publishers; Percentage of sales growth in Charles River Media; Rank of Sports Publishing.
- Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals. // IT Professional;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p65
Summarizes information about the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP). Dedication to establishing professional standards for the computer industry; Constituent societies; Certification program.
- High-tech whistleblowers face high-stakes reprisals. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p38A
Discusses the problems of high technology or computer industry whistleblowers in the U.S. Cases where computer personnel are terminated for reporting the wrongdoings they discovered; Laws governing penalizing whistleblowers.
- Tackling hurdles of owning a computer-based business. Pehrson, Marnie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/23/99, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p12B
Focuses on the problems faced by computer professionals on business operation in the United States. Things to do to overcome business obstacles; Strategies in keeping up with technology; International Association of Computer Professionals as the source of information.
- BOOK CORNER. // Computer Graphics World;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p44
This article presents information, related to several books and texts, related to the computer industry. Charles River Media Inc., has released a new text, "Essentials: A Real-World Approach," on Discreet's popular 3D software tool. Written by David Kalwick, a Discreet Certified Instructor, the...
- It's Good to Be the King. Schraml, Tood // Database Trends & Applications;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p26
Presents the views of the author about the extract, transform and load (ETL) processes in data processing. Challenges faced by the ETL staff; Cooperation between database designers and ETL developer; Importance of knowledge in data integration.
- Staffing firms profit as tech temp demand soars. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/23/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p3B
The article discusses the increasing demand for information technology (IT) staff in Long Island, New York. Many companies are hiring temporary IT workers for their software expertise and for specific projects. In some industries, temporary IT workers have higher salaries than traditional...