FIRE Grant Update: 2004 and Beyond
- A Blessing and a Curse. HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Dec2012, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p6
The author presents his opinions on U.S. fire services receiving limited fiscal support from the federal government. He states that federal grant programs such as the Fire Act provide firefighting equipment to many fire departments, allow for more staffing, and fund homeland security and first...
- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p26
Reports developments related to firefighting in the United States as of September 2001. Prohibition on the use of O-ring water seal constructions in sprinklers; Accounts on the grants awarded to fire departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Programs; Summary of the fire service...
- Helping our own First! Snyder, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p14
Presents a narrative of the author's views on the proposal to share U.S. fire prevention equipment surplus with developing nations. Fire departments that have limited budget; Types of grants-in-aid that provide equipment for fire departments.
- FPRF lists FEMA research grant projects. // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p61
The author reports that a Fire Prevention and Safety Grant has been awarded to the Fire Protection Research Foundation (FPRF). According to the article, the grant, which was for $990,000, is going to be used for a variety of projects including the development of a methodology to determine fire...
- NY State firefighters testify on behalf of FIRE grant program. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the benefits of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program to the firefighters of local fire departments in Auburn, New York. Details on the grant given to the state's fire departments for the purchase of personal protective gears and other firefighting equipments; Enhancement of...
- DNR Forestry Awards Volunteer Fire Assistance 50:50 MATCHING GRANTS. Prahl, Kristie // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p32
Provides a list of fire departments awarded with grants from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry in 2005. Alpha fire department for water movement equipment; Arrowhead fire department for miscellaneous equipment grants; Chokio fire department for personal...
- THE MONTANO COMPLEX FIRE/URBAN INTERFACE FIRES. Halton, Bobby // Fire Engineering;Jan2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p3
Reports on the firefighting strategy used by the Albuquerque, New Mexico Fire Department during the June 24-July 7, 2003 fire. Potential catastrophic consequences of the fire; Challenge presented by the incident to the department; Ecological and physical characteristics of the area.
- THE MONTANO FIRE. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p16
Reports on the 2003 Montano fire in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Areas affected by the fire; Response of the area's fire department; Agencies that collaborated to put down the fire; Impact of the fire on the area's business and environment. INSETS: MONTANO BOSQUE PREPARATORY SCHOOL, COMMANDER...
- ATRISCO/BOSQUE FIRE, SOUTHEAST DIVISION, COMMANDER KEN GARCIA. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p6
Details the response of the Southeast Division of the Fire Department to the June 2003 fire in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Areas affected by the fire; Other agencies that collaborated with the division; Equipment used by the team to fight the fire.