Publishers Pare Back on How-To-Books, But Add More Topics
- lj bestsellers. // Library Journal;7/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p116
The article presents the publication's list of best-selling do-it-yourself books including "Water Storage: Tanks, Cisterns, Aquifers, and Ponds" by Art Ludwig, "Refresh Your Home: 500 Simple Projects and Tips to Save Money, Update, and Renovate" by the Family Handyman editors of "Reader's...
- Summertime and the READING Is Easy. // School Librarian's Workshop;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p13
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a list of books for summer reading.
- YOU CAN MAKE IT! // Highlights;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p34
Presents tips on several do-it-yourself projects.
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;4/21/2006, Issue 5484, p43
The article reports on the results of a survey commissioned by Direct Line Home Response which found that persons under the age of 30 were unable to carry out basic do-it-yourself tasks in Great Britain.
- GOOGLE'S DIGITAL SWITCHBOARD. Gordon, Whitson // Macworld;May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p50
The article offers step-by-step instructions for setting up the Google Voice, a digital switchboard.
- FIELD GUIDE TO LIFE. OUMANSKI, PETER // Popular Mechanics;Apr2015, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p62
An introduction to the special section on how to do things like riding a bike, roasting a chicken and jump-starting a car is presented.
- how to do anything better guide. Bober, Joanna // Glamour;Aug2006, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p245
The article offers tips on how to create new designs for windows, mix the hot cocktail, and make a basket.
- Candle Holders. // New Yorker;6/19/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p128
An excerpt from the "Santa Fe New Mexican Sunday Magazine" about candle holder making is presented.
- It's Raining Men. Gordon, Kim T. // Entrepreneur;May2007, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p83
The article offers step-by-step instructions on how to deal with American male consumers.