HarperBusiness Diversifies Book Portfolio for 2004
- REKLAMOS IR KNYGÅ² VERSLO SÄ„VEIKA. VAIŠVILIENĖ, ALINA // Knygotyra;2009, Issue 53, p165
The article considers advertising and book market interactions: analysis of advertising in publishing research and in practice. It also reviews specific book market characteristics, advertising effects at the socio-cultural level, the book advertising situation in other countries. Analysis of...
- Survey: Most publishers say they don't have all the info they need. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
Highlights results of a survey on publishers in Great Britain and the United States regarding amount of information they need to run their business effectively. Improved access to information; Insecurity that they don't know as much as their peers; Expectations on future importance of...
- INK A BOOK N YOU. Radosh, Daniel // New Yorker;5/31/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the role of Kate Lee, an assistant at International Creative Management for the publication of books in New York. Representation of writers; Importance of publicity for a book; Prevalence of Web logs.
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...
- Textbook Publishing in Kenya Under a New Policy on School Textbook Procurement. Rotich, Daniel Chebutuk // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p60
This article will address the implications for textbook publishing in Kenya under a new policy on textbook procurement. The new policy was launched in September 1998. The main aim of the policy was to transform a largely government run publishing system by liberalising the textbook market...
- Caribbean Book Publishers Organize. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p17
Reports on the creation of Caribbean Publishers Network (CAPNET) by book publishers of the greater Caribbean region. What inspired CAPNET; Expectation of appointed CAPNET President Ian Randle; Parties interested in funding CAPNET.
- Book publishing in Nigeria: Problems and prospects. Nwali, L.O. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter91/92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on the book publishing industry in Nigeria. Problems in providing adequate numbers of high-quality books; Inadequacy of indigenous publishing in the country; Lack of professional expertise in bibliographic work and marketing; Advantages of indigenous publishing in promoting Nigerian...