The tribulations of community-based trials
- Working the Pharmaceutical PIPELINE Databases. Breton, Tara // Searcher;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p32
Presents information on how to use a pharmaceutical pipeline database. Definition of a pipeline; Levels of a pharmaceutical pipeline; Information on the actual pipeline process.
- Optimizing Phase III Trials. McLennan, Derek; Foley, Patrick // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Feb/Mar2007, p40
The article discusses some of the pitfalls inherent in the Phase III planning process and proposes some solutions for getting it right. The authors suggests that developing successful Phase III clinical trial strategies in today's European pharmaceutical marketing environment requires a balance...
- Calendar of Events. // Applied Clinical Trials;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p80
Presents a calendar of seminars, meetings, and other events of interest to pharmaceutical and clinical research professionals that are scheduled for the months of September 2005 and October 2005. "Pharmacy Aspects of Clinical Trials"; "Pharma Performance Metrics & Benchmarking Summit"; "Impact...
- Phase III Failures: What Can Be Done? Beltangady, Mohan // Applied Clinical Trials;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p82
Looks at what can be done to prevent failures in Phase III clinical trials. Increasing costs of drug development; Possible reasons for why Phase III trials may fail to confirm what has been learned from Phase II studies; Value of flexible trial designs.
- Should paediatricians support the European Paediatric Clinical Trials Register? Sammons, H. M.; Naylor, C.; Choonara, I.; Pandolfini, C.; Bonati, M. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jun2005, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p559
The article discusses the need of pediatricians' support for European Paediatric Clinical Trials Register. A European legislation is currently being proposed that will provide a financial incentive to the pharmaceutical industry to study medicines in Europe. The proposal has been prepared by the...
- How Do Pharmaceutical Companies Approach Data from Sexual Health Studies for Regulatory Agencies? Dilleen, Maria; Haughie, Scott // Annual Review of Sex Research;2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p53
The article outlines the importance of statistical input into clinical trial research in the pharmaceutical industry an in interactions with regulatory agencies. It focuses on the role of statisticians in projects on sexual health during the 2nd and 3rd phases of clinical trials that are...
- China captivates the clinical trial sector. Kermani, Faiz // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p12
The author focuses on the increasing interest of several pharmaceutical companies to outsource their clinical trials to China. Consulting firm AT Kearney claimed that the country is the most attractive, low-cost location to run clinical trials outside the U.S. in 2007. The author explains that...
- CLINICAL TRIALS NEWS. // Applied Clinical Trials;Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on developments relevant to clinical trials and drug development in the U.S. as of April 2006. Key issues discussed include the range of new drugs tested during the clinical trials, the pharmaceutical companies involved in the clinical trial process and the range of ailments...
- Company News. // Applied Clinical Trials;Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p78
The article reports on developments concerning the clinical trial and drug development projects of several pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as of April 2006.