converting "motivation" to change
- Experts Say Employee Morale Can Be Improved. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 34, pB10
Presents pieces of advice on improving employee morale. Effect of low morale on the work performance of employees; Detriment to employee morale; Importance of communication for increasing employee morale.
- 7 top employee motivators. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;2/17/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
No abstract available.
- THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. Arnold, Bob // Training Magazine;May2004, p9
Suggests motivational techniques for line managers to use in their organisations. Significance of employee motivation to the success and longevity of any business; Identification of what motivates the staff; Need for the organization to communicate positive reinforcement through day-to-day...
- Understanding morale and motivation helps managers cope with tough times. Novick, Dani // PrintWeek;1/29/2010, p16
The author discusses the importance of morale and motivation as means for managers to adapt to crises. He suggests that managers should be open, ready, and capable of investing time in employees. Redundancies can affect staff morale, which is the interest and desire of employees to work, though...
- Instant reward licked. Donovan, Kate // Employee Benefits;Feb2008, p39
The article explores the merits of using immediate rewards for exemplary staff conduct. It is stated that rewarding employees on the spot for positive behavior can be cost effective in demonstrating the kind of values and actions that an organization wants to encourage among its workforce. The...
- PERFORMANCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF RESULTS AS DETERMINANTS OF GOAL SETTING. Cummings, L. L.; Schwab, Donald P.; Rosen, Marc // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec71, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p526
Previous performance on a simple addition task was found to exert a significant positive impact on the goal levels set by 80 Ss. When performance effects were accounted for, knowledge of results (KR) also influenced goals significantly. When the effects of four forms of KR were compared, correct...
- Employee Creativity: The Role of Leadership. Clapham, Maria M. // Academy of Management Executive;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p138
The article focuses on a research by Pamela Tierney, Steven Farmer, and George Graen on the role of leadership in employee creativity. Their research found that employee characteristics, supervisor characteristics, and the relationship between employees and their supervisors plays a significant...
- Great expectations. Schultz, Erich // Supervision;Jan99, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p10
Looks at several factors which help motivate employee performance. Communication problems in human resource development; Evaluation on the duties and responsibilities of employees; Employee contracts.
- Money is No. 8! Wiesner, Pat // ColoradoBiz;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p11
Highlights the factors motivating employees in their jobs. Importance of recognition; Suggestions for helping a company grow; Characteristics of a leader.