- More members join TFO. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2010, Issue 5695, p10
The article reports that the Associate Member scheme, which was developed to appeal smaller business, by The Furniture Ombudsman (TFO) at the end of January 2010 has attracted 30 new members in Great Britain.
- Trade remains sceptical. // Cabinet Maker;01/09/98, Issue 5070, p2
Reports on the skepticism of furniture trade associations in Great Britain, over the proposals on late payments of commercial debts. Comments on the practicality of the proposal; Effects of late payments on small businesses.
- Trade calls on government to cut NI and UBR to protect small firms. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p3
Reports on the campaign of trade associations for Great Britain's government to ease the tax requirements for small firms engaged in manufacturing furniture. Caution on the negative economic impact on the industry caused by high taxes; Comments from trade representatives.
- Cashing in. Aitkenhead, Colin // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p14
Focuses on the financing options available to small furniture companies in Great Britain. Challenges faced by small firms in raising finance; Forms of loans for short-term needs; Loan requirements; Features of equity financing. INSETS: Contacts;How to proceed.
- Small firms lose out on rate relief. // Cabinet Maker;8/4/2006, Issue 5499, p4
The article reports that thousands of small businesses in Great Britain are missing out on rate relief, among them furniture companies, because they do not know that they are entitled to it. The help of the government has been called by the Forum of Private Business for firms to claim Small...
- Local furniture stores not sitting still. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;11/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the economic developments related to the furniture industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Influx of big furniture companies in the local market; Effects of the influx to small business players; Initiatives undertaken by the local industry address the situation.
- Views. Spencer, Mike // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2005, Issue 5426, p9
Comments on the business performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Reason for the serious threat of the industry in the region; View for the need to focus on growth of smaller companies; Idea on how to improve the efficiency of furniture manufacture in the country.
- 90% small firms unhappy over budget. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2010, Issue 5681, p11
The article reports on the disappointment of 90% of the small firms over budget for smaller businesses in Great Britain.
- BFC welcomes Government procurement changes. // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2011, Issue 5725, p4
The article reports that the British Furniture Confederation is pleased with the British government's procurement changes that will give small and medium enterprises in the furniture sector a greater opportunity to secure government contracts.