Get them on record
- Do Not Robocall? Coleman, Michael // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses the resistance of voters in various countries to robocalls or pre-recorded phone messages touting a particular candidate or political position. Robocalls are widely used in many U.S. campaigns, but the persuasive telecommunications tactic has not caught on in most foreign...
- Televotes get the punters in. Shaw, Andy; Silburn, Kelvin // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2005, p36
Provides information on the replacement platform recorded information distribution equipment (RIDE II) which handles television (TV)-based applications such as competitions and voting programmes being deployed by BT. Comparison of the original RIDE with RIDE II; Features of the equipment;...
- One Moment, Pleaseâ€¦. Heavey, Bill // Field & Stream;Nov2005, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p112
Presents the criticism of recorded message on telephones. Criticism of changes in telephone menu; Explanation on high volume of calls; Information on online billing.
- Announcement Service. // Network Dictionary;2007, p35
A definition of the term "Announcement Service" is presented. In telecommunication, this refers to a feature of a telephone system that allows the caller to hear a recording when they call a certain phone number of extension.
- Announcement System. // Network Dictionary;2007, p35
A definition of the term "Announcement System" is presented. In telecommunication, this term refers to a system or service that provides information through recorded messages or announcements to the caller.
- Strange call from the 809 area code could be a scam. Retsky, Maxine Lans // Marketing News;01/06/97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
This article warns phone users of the cost of making 809-number calls in the U.S. States are attempting to stay one step ahead of marketers who abuse 900-number capabilities. Now, some less-than-ethical marketers may have switched from using 900-numbers to foreign numbers in the 809 area code to...
- Tax and legal experts introduce 900-numbers. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug95, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p77
Reports that attorney Howard J. Wiener and Gary Sellari, C.P.A. have launched phone lines with information about financial, tax and legal issues. Information available through 900-numbers.
- Hot lines. Kanner, B.; Moores, J. // New York;9/24/90, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p20
Discusses the marketing possibilities of 900 numbers, which cost up to $2 a minute to use. Ways the numbers are used; Contests; Profits to charity; Customer information; Original uses of 900 numbers; Reasons for popularity.
- Cold calls seek warm reception. Weisner, Pat // Colorado Business Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on telephone as a primary sales tool. Guidelines on how salesmen handle sales telephone calls.