The Big Cover-up
- What's Ahead in Information Technology. Diebold, John // Management Review;Oct65, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p52
Reports on developments in information technology as of October 1965. Implications on the practice of management; Impact on organization structure, make-up of the company work force and physical facilities; Benefits of information technology; Management and planning problems associated with...
- Insurance industry prepares to cut back on IT and telecoms investment. Handford, Richard // Euronet;Oct2001, Issue 16, p40
Reports the plan of European insurance company to cut back on information technology and telecommunication investment due to the September 11 attack. Effect of claims from the incident to the balance sheets and investment; Benefit of Internet for insurers to win market share from the brokers;...
- 'Show Me The Money,' IT Depts. Told. Friedman, Sam // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/2/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 22, p18
Discusses how insurance companies are making sure that initiatives proposed by their information technology departments to upgrade or replace any part of their technology infrastructure are being examined thoroughly in order to ensure the return on investment. Description of information...
- Strategies: Digest. // PC Week;03/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p129
Presents news about business strategies as of March 1999. The impact of information technology (IT) changes on the insurance industry; Mention of a technique called behavioral interviewing; Suggestion for IT executives preparing for the next interview.
- New IT Thinking Brings Relevancy. Ouimette, Gates // Best's Review;Oct2011, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p74
In this article, the author reports that there has been a continued emergence of innovative technologies and a continued evolution towards flexibility and reduced cost/commitment in their use but information technology (IT) will need to innovate in several business areas such as records...
- Project Management for Integrated Document & Content Management. Asprey, Len // AIIM E-DOC;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
Provides insight into the development and implementation of integrated document and content management projects. Project methodology for integrated document and content management projects; Mechanism for project initiation; Implementation of complex information systems packages.
- IT battle plans. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;7/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p39
Discusses the use of two military concepts for business planning involving information technology. Comparison with military logistics; Discussion on the nonmilitary concept of policy; Definition of strategy; Explanation of tactics.
- WHO'S SPENDING WHAT ON SARBANES-OXLEY? Alter, Allan E. // CIO Insight;Feb2004, Issue 36, p79
Focuses on the efforts of information technology firms to increase spending to meet regulatory requirements in the U.S. Investment in business continuity and security; Growth of merger-acquisition activity; Decentralization of companies.
- TURNING Strategy INTO Action IN Financial Services. Rousseau, Yvon // CMA Management;Dec1999/Jan2000, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p25
Explores the common pitfalls of balanced scorecard strategy in industrial management. Function of performance management in strategy realization; Capability of the scorecard to suffer from executive toy syndrome; Promotion of shareholder destruction; Role of information technology on the...