Getting e-business off the ground
- The Non Linear Systems Experience: A Requiem. Gray, Edmund R. // Business Horizons;Feb78, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p31
The organizational changes instituted in 1960-1961 at Non Linear Systems, Inc. (NLS), a small manufacturer and marketer of digital electrical measuring instruments, represent one of the most celebrated and ambitious "field experiments" in a business firm since the famous Hawthorne Studies...
- It's All in the Mind(set). Linder, Jane C.; Cantrell, Susan // Across the Board;May/Jun2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on companies that have succeeded in changing business models without changing their organizational structures. Discussion on the ways of changing business models; Role of having experience on managing multiple mind-sets and changing them quickly; Factors to consider in managing mind-sets.
- THE IMPACT OF THE DEGREE OF APPLICATION OF E-COMMERCE ON OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE AMONG TAIWAN'S HIGH-TECH MANUFACTURERS. Yi-Chan Chung // South African Journal of Industrial Engineering;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
This study probes the correlation of types of operational strategy, degrees of organisational learning, types of organisational culture, the degree of the application of e-commerce, and operational performance among high-tech firms in Taiwan. The data was collected by questionnaires distributed...
- Two views on ERP: Outsourcing pros and cons, and hitching up with e-commerce. BIGGS, MAGGIE // InfoWorld;01/25/99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p111
Provides information on two enterprise resource planning (ERP) trends in electronic commerce. Initiatives on the outsourcing process; Drawbacks to outsourcing ERP.
- Total E-clipse: Five New Forces for Strategy in the Digital Age. Pitt, Leyland // Journal of General Management;Summer2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1
The article argues that many of the existing models of strategy used by firms, applied by consultants and taught by business schools are less useful because they were developed in and for a time of less turbulent change. It introduces five new forces for strategy in the digital age, suggesting...
- Professionalizing Change. Humphreys, Paul; McHugh, Marie // Journal of General Management;Spring2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p53
The ever increasing turbulence and hostility which characterize the operating environments of public and private sector organizations necessitate far reaching programs of strategic change. Major change is often the only option available to the organization. This situation frequently throws...
- Change of pace, or pace of change. Wage, Kathryn // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/10/2000, Issue 322640, p14
Discusses factors to consider when introducing changes to make a small business competitive and profitable. Deciding to make a change; Importance of planning; Concepts about managing change; Communication of change; Living in an information age with so much information need; Big or small...
- Balanced Scorecard is fast becoming a must have process for corporate change. // Management Services;Aug2001, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p5
The report "Transforming the Strategic Performance through the Balanced Scorecard" surveyed 200 companies in over 20 countries. The companies were found to have implemented a balanced scorecard as a framework for transforming their organization's strategy and vision into operational objectives,...
- Can You Picture That? Hall, Lea // Training & Development Journal;Sep90, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p79
Discusses the essential elements of creative visioning for bringing about organizational change. Identification of specific need for change; Envisioning a better way; Formulating a vision-based plan of action.