Euro business transfers
- Expensing rules on qualified property after JGTRRA '03. Rywick, Bob // Accounting Today;8/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p18
Focuses on the effects of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 on property expenses in the U.S. Increase in the maximum annual expense; Amount at which the right to elect to expense property starts to phase out; Eligibility of computer software placed in service in a...
- Sale of seized property regs. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p25
Discusses final regulations (TD 8691) which deal with the changes concerning the setting of a minimum price for seized property by the Tax Reform Act of 1986.
- Taxation system unfair, group claims. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2003, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on the issue of property taxation in Ontario. Recommendations for a reform in the provincial assessment system; Bureaucracy in the method used for property evaluation; Assistance given by Espanola Chamber of Commerce to the concerned community who are pushing for the reforms.
- Tax Guide. // Charter;Apr2014, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p52
The article focuses on guidelines issued by the Australian government agencies, as of April 2014, regarding reporting of tax data, tax concessions for not-for-profit sector and legislative update on tax related bills. Topics discussed include a proposal to extend third party reporting of tax...
- Wisconsin GOP Readying Tax-Veto Override. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p5
Reports on the preparation of Wisconsin's Republicans for the U.S. Senate vote to cancel Democratic Governor Jim Doyle's veto of a measure that severely limits property tax increase. Votes required to cancel the measure.
- Taking money out of captive is largely uncharted territory. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;12/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p4
Captive parents that want to take money out of the facilities must carefully weigh their options to avoid scrutiny from tax regulators. A panel of experts told attendees at the 2003 World Captive Forum that there is little guidance on how to handle large "loanbacks,'' in which captive owners...
- PROPERTY TAX NEWS. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
Presents an update on property tax in the U.S. as of September/October 2002. Approach to determining the property's value in an assessment; Qualifications for exemption for hospitals; Reason for taxing an oil pipeline as a personal property.
- GEORGIA. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article announces a number of tax regulatory updates in the state of Georgia including changes in HB1191 relating to the intangible recording property tax, HB 1105's grant of tax exemption until December 31, 2010 for watercraft owned by a dealer and held in inventory for sale or resale, and...
- New Hampshire. // Assessment Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p52
Reports that a number of changes in state tax programs were enacted through legislation designed to remedy the educational funding scheme in New Hampshire. Information on the uniform education property tax and a utility property tax; Rules regarding the nuclear station property tax.