Guide to using Fin-Net
- The Us Department Of Transportation (dot) Has Launched A New Website. // AirGuide Online.com;1/25/2010, p1
The article reports on the launch of the Department of Transportation's (DOT) new website http://airconsumer.dot.gov to address the complaints of consumers regarding airline services in the U.S.
- Ex-Which? Money editor launches financial consumer group. Ray, Devraj // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/17/2014, p8
The article discusses the financial consumer group called Fairer Finance. As part of a campaign for fairer financial service market, the group will rate banks and insurers. The group will published its rating on its website. Ratings will be based on customer perception, complaints handling and...
- Business slams plan to expand consumer complaint website. Cirilli, Kevin // Hill;9/23/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 100, p9
The article reports on the opposition of banking and securities industries in the U.S. to the plan of U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Director Richard Cordray to expand a public website on consumer financial complaints.
- Big-Bank Group's Campaign Attacks CFPB Complaint Site. Adler, Joe // American Banker;8/19/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 128, p8
The article discusses a proposal by the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to publish consumer complaints against financial institutions online, focusing on a response by the Financial Services Roundtable bank advocacy group. Topics include an advertising campaign by Roundtable...
- Consumer complaints fall: FIGS. Rich, Sara // Money Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that the Financial Industry Complaints Service cited a considerable decline in consumer complaints against financial service providers in Australia. The Financial Industry Complaints Service also noted that the number of new consumer complaints it received dropped to 1,165 in...
- Pros and cons of business online. King, Jon // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);5/15/2013, p46
The author reflects on the use of online communication in the financial services industry. He says businesses generate enquiries via the Internet. However, he notes that financial services miss the opportunity of receiving feedback on service from clients who are to happy to give praises via the...
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Warwick, Tom // Money Marketing;2/5/2004, p35
Assesses customers services of the financial service industries. Illustration of how not to deal with a customer; Customer complaints; Evaluation of the response of industries on complaints.
- 80% spike in mortgage complaints in H1 2012. Thickett, Robert // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);9/27/2012, p9
The article reports on the 80 percent spike in complaints in mortgage business in the first half of 2012. It states that the complaints to financial services firms are driven by payment protection insurance. According to chief executive officer of Association of Mortgage Intermediaries Robert...
- Reporting standards put onus on IT chiefs. Rogers, Beatrice // Computer Weekly;5/25/2004, p24
This year will see the beginning of a long process of change to the way the Financial Services Authority (FSA) collects its data. One of the main changes will be the introduction from April 2005 of electronic reporting of complaints data, and from July 2005 of an integrated regulatory return...