SuportDesk speeds Colt Car network support
- MITSUBISHI UK OFFSHORE WIND PLANS UNCLEAR. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Mar2010, Issue 422, p16
The article reports on uncertainties in the plans of international energy company Mitsubishi UK to construct an offshore wind turbine in the northeastern part of England.
- BELLSOUTH SELECTS RIT'S PATCHVIEW INTERNET DATA EXCHANGE. // RBOC Update;Oct2001, p2
Examines the use of integrated network management solutions in the United States. Centralization of maintenance activities; Role of management system on the needs of telecommunication companies; Improvement of network performance and maximization of telecom and datacom network investment returns.
- Hot assignment for software `agents'. Ward, Mark // New Scientist;05/03/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2080, p24
Reports that smart, autonomous computer programs called agents may someday be tasked with controlling nuclear power stations. Advantages; Characteristics.
- Software helps insurers manage hurricane risk. Haggerty, Alfred G. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/27/93, Vol. 97 Issue 39, p30
Reports on the debut of EQE International's USWIND, a loss estimating system that combines windstorm modeling on building damageability. Features; Hardware requirements; Implications on the insurance industry.
- WORLD'S BEST TREASURY PROVIDERS 2006. // Global Finance;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p31
The article presents several selected banks and treasury management software providers in the global finance industry. The firms listed herein are those that successfully combined geographic diversification with product innovation, investment in technology. The criteria for the selection include...
- New use for shoppertrak. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Mar1994, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p166
Presents the use of ShopperTrak in the checkout staffing of Kmart stores. Initial trials; Reduction in queueing and customer reaction; Accuracy of the system; Costs and workflow of the system; Remarks of a company official.
- Practical survival guide for globalization project managers. McKetham Jr., Kenneth A. // MultiLingual;Apr2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p27
The article presents the author's statements regarding the globalization issue of project management (PM) software. The author cites the challenges that might be encountered in PM in terms of communication workload. The author notes the complexities cited in globalizing the said software. The...
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT Who Owns It? Stercker, Ron // Hospitality Upgrade;Summer2013, p56
The author reflects on change management in the hotel industry. He offers information on change management and explores the importance for owners to address small things that are often overlooked in hotel operations. He adds that technological innovations have made hotel operations easier,...
- Success Factors in Implementing Knowledge Based Systems. Arntzen Bechina, Aurilla Aurelie; Ndlela, Martin Nkosi // Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management;Jun2009, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p211
The various dimensions of the problems of productivity and technology cannot be found in technology alone, but rather there are also human factors that either facilitate or constrain the ability of firms and workers to adopt and implement new technologies. This paper discusses the factors that...