Effective Corporate Communications
- Can you pass the clarity test? // Communication Briefings;Mar2011, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p7
The article offers tips on how communicate clearly in speaking and writing which include organization of thoughts, elimination of assumptions and ambiguity, and determination of objectives.
- Communicating effectively. Bazzett, Duane // Supervision;Dec1999, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p3
Discusses ways on how to develop effective business communication skills in order to relate complex issues. Categories of communication; Training method developed by the United States Navy; Questions that business communicators need to address.
- FROM THE BLOG. // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Nov2015, p24
The article discusses importance of effective communication in business and advice for leaders to communicate clearly, which include owning ones mistakes, using cause and effect language to state a situation and being constructive in communication.
- CompetÃªncias infocomunicacionais em ambientes digitais. Borges, Jussara; Oliveira, Lídia // Observatorio (OBS*);2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p291
Steadily, individuals and organizations take available resources in - or accessible through - the digital environment to solve their problems. This demands the mobilization of competences to search and change information, and also to interact with another people in that environment. From a...
- Leading Out Loud. Pearce, Terry // Leading Out Loud;6/30/2014, p1
In the third edition of Leading Out Loud, Terry Pearce shows business leaders how to communicate their visions and inspire commitment in those they lead to bring their visions to fruition. The book details methods for improving communication skills and finding the most authentic voices that help...
- Communication Breakdown. MOYNIHAN, SHAWN // Property & Casualty 360;Nov2016, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the author's view on communication skills within the property insurance and casualty insurance business. He emphasizes the importance of communication skills for agents or brokers. The author notes that communication is an opportunity to succeed in business, or can lead to...
- The Communications Audit: Primary PR Measurement Tool. Strenski, James B. // Public Relations Quarterly;Winter78, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p17
The article discusses communications audit as a primary public relations measurement tool. The communications audit is a method of measuring communications effectiveness internally and externally. It assesses personal communications, written communications, audio-visual and published...
- Supercommunicator. Pietrucha, Frank J. // Super Communicator;9/6/2014, p1
Across all sectors, good ideas are overlooked, projects lose funding, and policy decisions are distorted because of poor communication. This is particularly true for specialists, such as engineers, scientists, economists, or lawyers. When they present ideas to non-specialist...
- Attention Starts Communication. Gautschi, T. F. // Design News;2/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p182
Focuses on the need to effectively deliver an information to the receiver in a manager- subordinate relationship. Control of the receiver over the entire communication process; Factors that influence the receiver's decision to tune in; Focus of the activity of the receiver.