Managing conflict in a changing environment
- RESOLVE CONFLICT. // Managing People at Work;Jan2012, Issue 358, p8
The article offers tips in conducting employee performance reviews including anticipating conflict, disarming the employee with empathy, and letting employees share their perceptions without interrupting them.
- Blame the Person: Roots of Interpersonal Conflict. // ManagerZine;Spring2005, Issue 12, pN.PAG
Reflects on the roots of interpersonal conflict. Triggering factor to interpersonal conflict; Ways to fix the performance system that surrounds the employee; Flaws in the performance system that can cause both the outcomes and the work process to fail.
- Five Steps to Meditating Conflict. // Workforce (10928332);Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p30
Presents steps that can be taken by human resource professionals to help resolve conflict between co-workers. Meeting to discuss the reason for the conflict; Reintroduction of the conflicting parties to each other; Explanation from each party; Identification of actions that led to personal...
- The boss as referee. // Internal Auditor;Aug96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey which concludes that executives spend more time resolving employee conflicts. Factors that contribute to the conflict in the workplace; Ways for managers to reduce the time they spend resolving conflicts.
- Workplace wars. Perry, Phillip M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov99, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on the importance of personnel management in conflict resolution within the workplace. Need for managers to learn how to take action when conflicts disrupt business; Examples of common workplace conflicts; Recommended course of action when workplace dispute among employees occurs. ...
- Pulling together can resolve conflict. Fernberg, Patricia M. // Occupational Hazards;Mar99, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p65
Provides suggestions on resolving conflict in the workplace. Sources of conflicts in the workplace; Strategies of Charles Pettit, president of Rockville, Maryland-based International Training Consortium Inc. on defusing conflict; Advices of attorney and professional negotiator James C. Thomas...
- Has anyone ever ruined your day just by showing up? Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;08/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p26
Gives advice to managers on how to resolve conflict in the workplace. Essential and basic life skills; Three basic responses to conflict; Three ways to resolve conflict.
- Learn to resolve or avoid work conflicts. DeVoe, Deborah // InfoWorld;08/23/99, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p84
Discusses the techniques offered by Manning Management Consultants principal Marilyn Manning for resolving the types of workplace conflicts that information technology (IT) professionals face. Advice to a supervisor who sees that a pair of employees are not working well together; Solutions for...
- Conflict resolution. King // Business NH Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p11
Offers tips on conflict management. Includes considering conflict as an incentive for working on creative solutions; Offering of conflict resolution and communications training to employees.