Professional Services still adds up as a career of choice according to new survey
- Finding FCPA Violations in Expense Reports. Whitehouse, Tammy // Compliance Week;Jun2012, Vol. 9 Issue 101, p29
The article focuses on the investigation of alleged violations in the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) in travel and entertainment (T&E) expense reports. It states that the companies have started to pay more attention to weaknesses in their T&E processes as the U.S. officials intensify...
- Need a life? Get a coach. Hamilton, Kendall // Newsweek;2/5/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p48
Introduces `coaches,' people who help others develop their career and/or personal goals, as a profession that is developing in the 1990s. Coaches as part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist and part rent-a-friend; Fees that they charge; Enthusiastic clients; Partnerships in...
- Use and abuse of management consultants. Song, Norman // Management Review;Jun74, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p35
Explores the use and abuse of management consultants. Conditions under which management consultants can be considered; Examples of abuses of a client by a consultant; Distinction between a tangible product and professional service; Steps in dealing with a consultant; Ways to have an efficient...
- Fair Markets. Bowie, Norman E. // Journal of Business Ethics;Jan88, Vol. 7 Issue 1/2, p89
The paper challenges a minimalist strategy in business ethics that maintains "if it's legal, it's moral." In hard cases, judges decide legal issues by appealing to moral ideals. Investigation shows that the bedrock concept is fairness. Often judges define fairness in terms of non-coerciveness or...
- Diary of a Consultant. Ali, Mo // Strategic Finance;Jan2014, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p64
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's career development including his experience as a junior management accountant, initiative to improve his skills by acquiring the Certified Management Accountant credential, and career improvement as a management consultant.
- The Newest Profession. Management Consultants at Work. // Accountancy;Mar1970, Vol. 81 Issue 919, p217
Focuses on the depiction of British management consultants in the film 'The Newest Profession.' Overview of the management consultancy profession in Great Britain; Duties and responsibilities of management consultants.
- Beware of international business scams. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p28
Reports on the rise of international business frauds committed against American businesses and individuals. Globalization; Worldwide recession; Impact of the Eastern Soviet Bloc; Currency scams; Protection for the American businesses.
- Japanese companies warned against payments to racketeers. // Internal Auditor;Jun97, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p11
Discusses how Keidanren, a Japanese economic federation will suppress corporate corruption especially on payments to racketeers. Implication of the violation of Keidanren charter.
- Big travel budget. Danitz, Tiffany // Insight on the News;06/09/97, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p44
Reports on the circumvention of the gift ban and claim a tax deduction by American corporations. Case of Asia Pacific Exchange Foundation's (APEF) sponsorship of the Southeast Asia tour of House Republicans; California oil giant Unocal contributions to APEF; Unocal's Burma pipeline project and...