Temporary workers to receive the same pay and benefits as permanent employees
- Recruiters claim Bill to give temp staff fair deal will hit UK economy. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;2/6/2007, p2
The article reports that the recruitment industry of Great Britain has warned that the proposed legislation that would give temporary workers the same rights as directly employed staff would damage business. The bill aims to give agency workers the same rights as long-term and directly employed...
- AGENCY WORKERS -- HOW WILL THE TEMPORARY AGENCY WORKERS' DIRECTIVE IMPACT ON BUSINESSES? // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q1, Special section p02
The article discusses the key provisions of the Temporary Agency Workers' Directive and its impact on businesses in Great Britain. Agency workers must receive the same benefits given to permanent employees if they are used by the business for 12 consecutive weeks. Failure of businesses to treat...
- The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed. Grabell, Michael // Pro Publica;6/27/2013, p3
The article describes the situation of regular employees of temporary employment agencies working in the supply chain of many large companies in the U.S. in 2013. According to the author, many of these employees never get benefits and receive minimum wages. The temporary employment industry is...
- Treat agency staff as mythical workers. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p34
Reports that Irish Ministers voted for a measure that could only be achieved if companies invested mythical employees. Provisions of the European Union law that aims to protect office temps.
- FIXED-TERM CONTRACTS. Casey, Laura // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4260, p69
Examines the Fixed-Term Regulations, rules requiring even-handed treatment of temporary and permanent employment staff in Great Britain. Provisions included in the measure; Factors to consider in employing temporary staff; Significance of the law.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q2, Special section p04
This section offers news briefs on labor laws in Great Britain as of April 2009. The new rates of the national minimum wage are applicable from October 2009, according to the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform. A consultation paper on the enforcement of the Temporary...
- Temp Decision Might Not Disrupt Benefit Planning. Infante, Victor D. // Workforce (10928332);Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p30
Provides information on the issue of temporary employee status in the United States (U.S.). Rule approved by the U.S. National Labor Relations Board for the employees; Reasons for approving the rule; Benefits of the rule to temporary employees; Implications of the ruling.
- LABORAL Y SEGURIDAD SOCIAL. // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2009, Issue 22, p147
No abstract available.
- Temporary Workers and Their Output-Who Owns the Copyright? Viscounty, Perry J.; Taylor, Matthew D. // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p16
Explains that companies should given attention to the question of who will own the copyright to the temporary worker's output. Legal distinction between employees and independent contractors; Information on the case Vizcaino versus Microsoft; Strategy being used by companies in hiring...