KREMLIN KEEPS EVERYONE GUESSING
- Saving the world, plan B. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;12/13/2003, Vol. 180 Issue 2425, p6
This article focuses on crisis surrounding the Kyoto, a treaty designed to hault runaway global warming, with reference to the contraction and convergence (C&C) plan, an alternative to Kyoto for bringing the emissions of greenhouse gases under control, as of December 31, 2003. The idea of C&C...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p122
The article discusses several key concepts of the global environment including the atmospheric greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development with regards to extreme weather conditions.
- Business and the environment. Russel, Trevor // Greener Management International;Winter97, Issue 20, p7
Details the international strategic environmental developments in the business sectors. Steps taken by the Clinton administration to fight global warming; Requirements set for companies in relation to the prevention of global climate change due to greenhouse effects; Discussion on International...
- Limiting Greenhouse Warming: Is It Worth the Cost? Paltridge, Garth // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Dec2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p16
Comments on the international efforts to limit greenhouse gas emissions. Reason behind the lack of interest in calculations of long-term benefit; Concerns of environmentalists; Failure of the Kyoto agreement.
- Carbon neutrality challenges market. Reed, Irit // Precision Marketing;11/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p9
The article offers information about carbon neutrality in Great Britain. It is the latest buzzword in direct marketing industry but the move to reduce its footprints are relatively new thus evoking confusion about its standards. Business establishments should thrive and contribute to solve the...
- Russia to drop out of Kyoto agreement. // Modern Power Systems;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the ratification of the Kyoto Protocol designed to reduce the global warming in Russia. Creation of a huge amounts of pollution; Refusal to cut the emissions of greenhouse gasses; Impact of global warming on economic growth.
- Agreements on global warming should be fair for all nations. Alford, Harry C. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p15
Opinion. States that all nations should participate and be treated fairly on agreements dealing with global warming. Details on the international global climate meeting; Countries who refuse to participate on the agreement; Stabilization and reduction of emissions by the United States and other...
- All gas and guesswork. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;7/30/94, Vol. 143 Issue 1936, p14
Reports on the complexity of compiling inventories of carbon dioxide, methane and other gases that cause global warming. Difficulty in calculating the contributions that individual countries make to the greenhouse effect; Ratification of the Climate Change Convention in 1991; Objective of the...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Pakistan Country Review;2010, p204
The article offers information on the different global environmental concepts including the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development in regard to global warming.