Take care of business
- Electronics offer solid protection. // Packaging Digest;Jan2000, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p78
Reports that an increasing number of retailers in the United States are integrating electronic article surveillance (EAS) systems to prevent merchandise theft. Benefits to retailers of using the EAS method; Impact of merchandise theft on the profits of retailers.
- KEEPING SCORE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p57
The article discusses the factors that made HSM Electronic Protection Services Inc. successful in the security retail sector. HSM has a wide choices of solutions and services in the industry and serves over 20,000 retail locations in North America. HSM has maintained one of its key advantages,...
- Check your electronics savvy. Nelson, Ronald E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p15
Presents a quiz on electronic security systems. Principles and components employed in electronic security systems; Connection of electronic keypad to control an electric lock; Type of memory that contains permanently written information.
- Connect audio speakers in parallel, not series. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p19
Answers reader-sent questions related to electronic security systems. Connection of audio speakers in parallel rather than series; Software for calculating the resistance and voltage drops in a notification appliance circuit; Separation of feed and return circuits.
- Products. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p100
Features electronic security systems. Includes fire alarm control panel from Gamewell Co.; Metric slide rule converter from Venmark; Flexible and integrated security systems from Rokonet.
- Sell to the team. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p134
Reports on a survey on corporate decision makers involved in the purchase of electronic access controls for security systems in the United States. Equipment vendor; Systems integrator; Outside consultant; Inside facility manager; Inside human resources; Inside information technology executive.
- Wireless tech adds system value. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p54
Focuses on the value and uses of short-range wireless security system products. Advantages of short-range wireless products; Commercial applications of short-range wireless; Use of short-range wireless in conjunction with panic buttons in residential and hold-up devices; Connection of wireless...
- Monitoring firm celebrates 30th. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Emergency 24, a third party monitoring firms celebrated 30 years in the business. Historical information on the company; Information on services offered by the company.
- Touch screen security. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p48
Gives information on touch screens, a table top or wall mounted video screen, which execute commands when a person touches the section of the video image on screen. Information on Home Systems Plus, of Ownings Mills, Maryland, which will market the touch screens with U.L. security approved Home...