Prime for crime
- Station Integration. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the security system implemented by the Reno, Nevada Police Department to help ensure employee safety. The video surveillance system allows employees to observe parking lots prior to leaving the police building and also allows police to identify people before they are...
- Video's Security Attraction. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Discusses findings of the 'Security' and 'SDM' magazines' research of buyers which showed that video surveillance is the preferred type of security product. Advantages of video surveillance; Technology advances; Buyers' interest on Internet-based video surveillance systems.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN NETWORK VIDEO. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p75
Discusses the popularity of network video surveillance systems among security managers in the U.S. Demands of security personnel to have more control on the systems; Capability of security professionals to integrate other security systems; Issues that security managers need to address in...
- Q & A: Now You Know! // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2008 Supplement, Vol. 38, p6
The article presents questions and answers related to physical system information management (PSIM) system including the alternative to monitor many cameras without hiring security guards, the standard of existing equipment and supporting software for PSIM, and solutions in tracking suspicious...
- United Building Security: Urban Challenges, Diverse Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the employment by Martin Cramer, vice president of the Downtown Dallas Security Directors Association, of a security video system for the facility of Dallas, Texas-based United Building Security. Description of the facility; Availability of the video system on a local area network;...
- CONTROLLING THE GAME. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on the strategic play in the security market. It is said that just as expanding the security market outside the confines of the economy was not possible in 2012, expanding the playing area is not possible. A new study showed that total annual revenue from the sale, lease,...
- Strategies for Short-Term Surveillance. Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Jun2011, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses temporary surveillance as a security measure. It highlights the importance of having a security protocol for incidents that do not often occur or for unique events. It provides guidelines on the setting up of temporary surveillance strategy which could include a mobile...
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p31
Presents a quiz on wireless security systems technology.
- Installing Wireless Security Systems. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p31
Presents a quiz on installing wireless security systems.