- Credit Bill could fail consumers. // Mortgage Strategy;10/31/2005, p19
Reports on the significant role of the government's consumer credit bill in Great Britain. Impact of the credit bill on consumers; Details of the issue at the checkmyfile.com web site; Purpose of the bill to update the Consumer Credit Act.
- Consumer Credit Roundup. Hulme, Amanda // Credit Management;Apr2014, p30
The article offers consumer credit news as of April 2014. The Advertising Standards Authority has published an adjudication related to television advertisement by Instant Cash Loans, trading as The Money Shop. The Financial Conduction Authority (FCA) has published a new webpage, advising local...
- SHAW TO HELP. // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2014, Issue 5871, p18
The article offers insights from Nick McAuliffe, managing director for consumer lending at Shawbrook Bank, on the preparation needed among furniture retailers as the British Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) implement major changes to consumer credit regulation as of April 1, 2014. He states...
- EC set to amend Credit Act. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/22/2003, Issue 2582, p21
Reports on the plan of the European Commission to amend the Consumer Credit Act in Europe.
- Eased information-sharing aids banks, consumers. Fischer, Richard; McEneney, Michael // American Banker;11/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 216, p14
Discusses amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Benefits to banks and consumers of the provisions of the law; Opportunity for efficiency gains; Affiliate information sharing; Cross-marketing possibilities; Credit bureau information; Enforcement and federal preemption.
- What the future may hold. Spurgin, Ralph E. // Credit World;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p26
Introduces bills in congress to update the Fair Credit Reporting Act. List of bills requirements; Law passed by Utah; Request for a report card on how the credit bureau is doing; Request for reverification.
- Privacy and consumer credit information. Rothschild, Philip E. // Credit World;MAR/APR93, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p20
Looks at the privacy issues of consumers' personal and financial activities through their attitude, federal credit law and marketing technique. Survey of Lou Harris and Associates on the issue; Federal law protecting consumer privacy; How target marketing works.
- Lender beware--Federal regulation of consumer credit. Canter, Ronald S. // Credit World;MAY/JUN93, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the federal regulations of consumer credit in the United States such as the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Truth-in-Lending Law, the fair Credit Billing Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Detailed informations on these regulations.
- State laws and credit reporting: A changing legal landscape. Pratt, Stuart // Credit World;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p7
Discusses consumer credit reporting laws in different states. California's standard of liability for companies; Maryland's bill on free report and error correction; Louisiana; Vermont; Washington state; Nevada; Motivations for legislative efforts; Contributions of the credit reporting industry.