From Waste to Resource Management
- Dutch, Austrians excel in managing waste. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Sep2012, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p73
The article deals with a new European Commission report that ranks countries based on the effectiveness of their waste management systems, placing the Dutch and Austrians as leaders in waste management.
- Wastewater Management Evaluation by Using the Opinion Survey in Galicia, Spain. CUESTA, T. S.; ÁLVAREZ, C. J.; CANCELA, J. J.; MIRANDA, D.; NEIRA, X. X. // Water Resources Management;Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p817
The Water Framework Directive (WFD) of the European Commission considers water supply and sanitation on agricultural and forestry holdings as a part of water management policy. In this sense, this study analyses the current situation in Galicia, European Union, in terms of the management of...
- European Commission Ranks Countries by Waste Management Skills. // Solid Waste Report;9/10/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p4
The article discusses the report by the European Commission ranking 27 member states according to the effectiveness of municipal waste management systems using 18 criteria that found Austria and Netherlands topping the list with 39 points each.
- ERM-style 'Banding' could ease controversy over EC social measures. // Management Services;May92, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p12
The European Commission should consider an enterprise resource management style banding arrangement for more controversial proposals in the social field, the Industrial Society said recently. Addressing a trade union congress conference in London, England at the end of February, Industrial...
- Draft directive on information and consultation. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p30
Reports that the European Commission has published a draft Directive on information and consultation in the workplace.
- Clear policy steer is needed on recycling, says CIWM. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Nov2012, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p5
The article highlights the call of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) to local authorities in England to resolve the tensions over local authority collection methods and frequency in 2012, which is contained on the study CIWM released in October 2012 entitled "Professional...
- European Commission Publishes Roadmap on Review of Waste Policy. GENCEL, Canan DERINÖZ; ÜNVER, İrem; KAYA, Hasan Özgür // Cimento ve Beton Dunyasi / Cement & Concrete World;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p67
The article reports on the publication by the European Commission of its Roadmap on the Review of Waste Policy and Legislation on March 26, 2013.
- The Journey: Closed Mind to Closed Loop. Williams, K. S.; Newman, S.; Fielding, R. // Journal of Solid Waste Technology & Management;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p280
The Construction industry contributes significantly to both the generation of waste and carbon emissions. The European Union and the UK government have set themselves challenging targets in terms of waste reduction and carbon commitment. At the present time the construction industry is not in a...
- For waste should we read bad industrial management? Harper, Bill // Accountancy;Dec1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1072, p59
Discusses key issues relevant to waste disposal and industrial management in Great Britain. Practical aspects of waste disposal; Economics of waste disposal; Policy implications on business.