Cashiers, not call centres, say Britain's banking customers
- Wells Seeks A Customer Satisfaction Turnaround. Cole, Jim // American Banker;9/18/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 179, p1
The article looks at how Wells Fargo & Co. says it is working to improve service and boost loyalty. According to John Stumpf, Wells' president and chief operating officer, the goals of improving the "customer experience" include reducing wait times in call centers and branches and implementing...
- Banks reveal deposit policies. // ABA Banking Journal;May89, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p79
Focuses on the quality of customer service offered by banks in the U.S. Reliance of community banks on top management; Citation of services commonly offered; Prevalence of automated teller machines.
- The channel investment challenge. Howes, Greg // U.S. Banker;Oct99, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the United States banking industry's delivery channel management. Factors that influence banks to develop more channel-based strategies; Types of banking channels; Impact of channel proliferation in the introduction of automated teller machines; Statistics that show the percentage of...
- 'Born again' network now open to all. Orr, Bill // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1980, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p113
Reports the reorganization of The Exchange, a financial institution that opened the first shared automated teller machine in the U.S. Number of bank members in the Exchange; Composition of the network staff; Reason for starting The Exchange.
- Banks leave few stones unturned in scoping out sites for ATMs. Ciarmello, Christine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/24/99, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p31
Reveals the increase in Automated Teller Machines (ATM) in various cities in the United States. Convenience of ATM for customers; Profitability of ATM for customers; Reluctance of banks to install ATM prior to 1996 due to high cost; Maintenance fee of ATM; Increase in ATM after the lifting of...
- 1st National of Aspermont building Smart ATM machine. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);9/27/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
The article informs that the First National Bank of Aspermont will install a Smart Automated Teller Machine (ATM) located across the street from the existing bank building in Aspermont, Texas which will enable customers to deposit cash or checks without an envelope.
- Still Using Banks The Old, Old Way. Dolliver, Mark // MediaWeek;4/6/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 14, special section p15
The article examines a 2008 public opinion poll by Gallup on consumer banking practices. Over half of those polled said they still visited their branch bank at least once a month, more than said they used an automated teller on that schedule. Only about 25 percent said they had done banking...
- A Review of the Influence of Electronic Banking Services on Customer Service Delivery: Successes and Challenges. R., Tasmin.; Abubakar Aliyu, Alhaji; Takala, Josu // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p80
The purpose of this study is to review a major section of the literature on Electronic Banking Services (EBS) with a particular emphasis on the challenges of customer service delivery in the banking industry. This paper examines the studies some published journals and other related papers on...
- Citizens Financial Draws a Blueprint for Big Change. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;8/18/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 127, p8
The article discusses the Providence, Rhode Island-based bank Citizens Financial Group's reorganization plans. Topics include the bank's separation from the Royal Bank of Scotland, details on the bank's focus on customer relations and consumers' experience, and mention of the bank's plans to...