ESSENTIALS from the Gypsum Association
- ADDING PLYWOOD to FIRE-RATED SYSTEMS. // Architectural Record;Dec2003, Vol. 191 Issue 12, p2
The Gypsum Association creates a new edition of the Fire Resistance Design Manual, GA-600, every three years. Each new edition is a milestone for the members of the Association's technical and building code committees and the Association staff. The new manual also provides architects and...
- Paperless Pub Smarts. Gamauf, Mike // Business & Commercial Aviation;May2011, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p43
The article focuses on Advisory Circular AC 120-78, which provides guidance on the acceptability of electronic maintenance manuals.
- CCH ENHANCES ARM. // Accounting Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that CCH has added an expert guide to SOX 404 to the Internal Controls Library on the Accounting Research Manager in the U.S. It states that the new material is The Guide to Internal Controls Under Section 404 of the second edition of Sarbanes-Oxley Act by James Hamilton, JD,...
- THE THEATRE. // New Yorker;4/2/1955, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p66
The article presents the text of a chemistry manual that can be found in a Gilbert Chemical set. Government restrictions prevent the company from using the nickel ammonium sulfate chemical from its chemistry sets. The government restrictions are based on the national emergency perceived by the...
- UKSG Transfer Working Group Announces Improvements to the Code of Practice with Release of Version 3.0. // Information Standards Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses Transfer Code Of Practice, which are guidelines for publishers who are required to transfer journals by UKSG, a company that connects information community.
- Gypsum Association Releases 2015 FRDM. // Walls & Ceilings;Sep2015, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the release of 21st edition of the Fire Resistance Design Manual (GA-600- 2015) by the not-for-profit trade association Gypsum Association which contains systems such as walls and partitions, floor-ceiling systems and area separation walls.
- DEVELOPING A POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MANUAL. // CPA Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the need for companies to develop policies and procedures manual for issues affecting its business. Results of a company's inability to develop the manual; Benefits of formalizing policies into a manual for the company.
- NEW ACI TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS. // Concrete International;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p6
Presents the technical publications released by the American Concrete Institute. "Concrete Structures for Containment of Hazardous Materials"; "Qualification of Post-Installed Mechanical Anchors in Concrete and Commentary"; "Concrete Repair Guide."
- From paper to consistent concept. DiJulius, John // Smart Business Cleveland;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p12
The article presents guidelines for implementing systems in corporate manuals. According to the article, consistency and continuity are the two most important elements for implementing systems successfully. Reasons for failing to implement systems include managers' preoccupation with a crisis...