- Who Wants to Be An Internet Billionaire? Fox, Justin // Fortune;11/8/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p40
Comments on the role of investment banks in the initial public offering (IPO) business. How online companies, like traditional businesses going public, hire investment bankers to manage the IPO; Why share price is set by the bankers; The author's opinion that the IPO business is an expensive...
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 48, p36
Provides information pertaining to initial public offerings (IPO) in the U.S. as of December 15, 2003. Orbitz; Franklin Bank; Falcon Financial Investment; Priced IPOs; New filings for the week December 4 to 10, 2003; Coming out of the quiet period; Withdrawal activity.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 48, p37
Presents charts and graphs on initial public offerings in the U.S. as of December 10, 2003. Nelnet; NPTest Holding; Aspen Insurance Holdings; Nexstar Broadcasting Corp; American Financial Realty; Newcastle Investment; LeapFrog Enterprises; Average price of the most recent 100 initial public...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p39
Presents charts and graphs on initial public offerings and stocks in the U.S. as of May 24, 2004. Initial public offering of CrossTex Energy, Jed Oil, Daystar Technologies, and Marchex; Performance of initial public offerings by Animas, Blue Nile and Nuvasive; Performance of selected stock...
- Return of the IPO. O'Keefe, Brian // Fortune;1/7/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p103
Questions the financial wisdom of investing in initial public offerings (IPO). Reaction to Prudential Financial's IPO in December 2001; Why 2001 was a bad year for IPOs; Views of IPO experts; Question of who is buying IPOs; Speculation on 2002; Advice to would-be investors.
- Status Quo to IPO: Ways to Raise Equity Capital for Your Company. Gay, Keith // Training & Development;Feb99, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p43
Presents a Wall Street primer on how to raise equity capital for a company. Private minority investment; Public minority investment/initial public offering; Majority investment. INSETS: So You Want to Sell Your Company.;A Capital Glossary..
- RT: @TWITTER: "WE'RE RICH." #IPO. // Newsweek Global;10/4/2013, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p36
The article reports on the initial public offering (IPO), set before November 28, 2013, of social networking site Twitter (T) as of October 4, 2013. Topics discussed include T's expected drawing of early known and unknown investors, its offering of stock valued at 17 dollars per share to...
- They're back! Get ready for another wave of Net IPOs. Kirkpatrick, David // Fortune;9/15/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p216
The article comments on the outlook for Internet company initial public offerings, with the view that a dot-com resurgence is long overdue. The best examples are Google and Salesforce.com. Google, less than five years old, now powers more than 200 million web searches per day, employs over 1,000...
- The Return of the Billion-Dollar IPO. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 48, p28
Predicts the return of the billion-dollar initial public offerings in 2004. Equity bankers' optimism that China Life Insurance Co. Ltd.'s initial public offering is their "ghost of things to come"; Expected billion-dollar initial public offerings from U.S. companies; Implications for bankers...