PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- The Good and the Bad of The Second Half of 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the book industry in the second half of 2008 in the U.S. It reveals that publishing companies have recorded a decline in profit in the said period brought by the impact of the recession. Information on the financial performance of several...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the financial performance of the book publishing industry. Increase of revenue by HarperCollins; Escalation of the fourth quarter sales of Borders Group; Corporate earnings of Simon & Schuster.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS/ Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p3
Provides the New York Times bestseller scorecard of publishers, as of February 2003. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; HarperCollins; Penguin Group USA; Time Warner; Health Communications.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p7
The article presents developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. as of February 2004. Rick Turner, vice president of Eastern regional sales at HarperCollins Publishers Inc., will retire, effective April 15. Turner joined Barnes & Noble Publishing 35 years ago. Simon &...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p5
Reports developments related to book industries and trade in the U.S. Suspension of the distribution of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s books for The Perseus Book Group effective September 1, 2005; Acquisition of the North American rights by Rodale Press Inc. to a memoir from Secretary of State...
- S&S, Harper to return to BEA in 1998. Baker, John F.; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/29/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 40, p10
Reports that Simon & Schuster (S&S) and Harper Collins will attend the 1998 BookExpo America (BEA) convention in Chicago, Illinois, but in different ways. How both companies were absent from the 1997 convention; How S&S's return to BEA in 1998 will be in a modified fashion that has sparked...
- Publishers' Profits Had Solid Gains in 1999. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p11
Tracks the operating margins of publishing companies in the United States in 1998-1999. Percentage of increase in HarperCollins' profits; Impact of acquisitions on the operating profit of John Wiley & Sons; What contributed to the decline in the profit of Simon & Schuster.
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p12
Presents an update on deals in the book industry as of July 15, 2002. Terms of the book deal signed by Bernard Cornwell with HarperCollins; Rights won by Chuck Adams of Simon & Schuster Inc. in an auction for the proposed memoir of Maureen O'Hara; World rights obtained by Lauren Marino, a...