Gardening Book Market Continues to Grow
- C-SPAN expands book coverage. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p16
Announces that cable channel C-SPAN 2 will begin a series of programs on the book industry called Book TV, beginning in September of 1998. The aim of the coverage of Book TV; Comments from C-SPAN 2 spokesman Rich Fahle; Plans for call-in shows; History of C-SPANs book coverage.
- Small publisher, big dreams. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Mar2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information about unorthodox publishers of Saint John, New Brunswick. It informs that dating back to the 1880s, the brick structure backing onto the waterfront in the grimy and Dickensian downtown of industrial Saint John once housed an importer of products--including...
- Discovery Adds Books to Mix. Kawaguchi, Karen // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p27
Focuses on the entry of Discovery Channel cable television network into the book trade market. Selection of book titles marketed by Discovery; Publishing activities of Discovery; Partnership with Insight company.
- Untitled. // MediaWeek;1/3/94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Reports on cable television and publishing industry-related news. Promotion of Ed Frazier as president of Liberty Sports network; Naming of Carol Davis as marketing director of `Soap Opera Digest' magazine; Elaine R. Clisham's joining of the `New York Post' as classified advertising director;...
- On Cable. Chamberlain, Leslie; B.K. // Library Journal;11/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 20, p2221
Reviews the periodical 'On Cable,' edited by Peter Funt.
- A common thread. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/14/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 37, p36
Reports on how cable television networks and book publishers are beginning to combine efforts during the late 1990s. How Pocket Books plans on publishing a `South Park' book; Other examples; How networks reach more people than publishers.
- Lifetime bound for book biz with 'Love Letters.'. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/12/2000, Vol. 366 Issue 4, p10
Informs that Lifetime Television cable network, and its sister services, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Online, has signed a deal with Hyperion that calls for the publication of its first book 'Love Letters of a Lifetime: Romance in America.' Book's complementation with a special about the...
- Dig Deep. Wolf, Mary Logan // Oklahoma Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p64
Eight years ago, Tulsan Paul James sowed a wild seed with the producers of a budding cable network called Home&Garden Television (HGTV). His idea? To produce a show that would strip away pretense and appeal to homeowners who would rather play golf than work in their garden. In the vast compost...
- A Cable Television Primer. // Journalism Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p765
Reviews the book `A Cable Television Primer,' by the National Cable Television Association.