IUniverse Authors Land Commercial Publishing Contracts
- iUniverse to Broaden Services. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 44, p12
Focuses on the plan of publishing company iUniverse to broaden its services. Statement issued by Richard Tam, chief executive officer of iUniverse; Number of the company's employees around the world; Services offered by the company; Complaints on the services provided by the company.
- Three iUniverse Titles Named "Southwest Books of the Year". // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p7
Reveals that three books published by Lincoln, Nebraska-based on-demand publisher iUniverse were included in the listing of Southwest Books of the Year: Best Reading in 2003 compiled by the Tucson-Pima Public Library.
- iUniverse To Publish Amy Fisher Autobiography; Expand Services. // Book Publishing Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the plan of iUniverse Inc. to publish the autobiography of Amy Fisher, known as the "The Long Island Lolita," in the U.S. Reasons of Fisher for choosing the company to publish her book; Comments of Susan Driscoll, CEO of iUniverse, on the possible reasons of authors in choosing their...
- iUniverse, ASJA Set Net Imprint. // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p10
Talks about the agreement reached by iUniverse.com, a print-on-demand publisher and publishing services Web site, and the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) in 2000. Other associations that have agreements to direct their own imprints on iUniverse.com site; Comments from Richard...
- Author's Guild, iUniverse Renew Agreement. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the renewal of the agreement between the Author's Guild and iUniverse concerning publishing services for Backinprint site in the U.S. Reduction in the author's royalties in the deal; Percentage of cut made by authors on sales made through iUniverse; Amount of royalties collected by...
- To Each According To His Needs. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p31
Deals with the services of publishing firm IDG based on the company's brands and editorial products. Features of its Dummies Answer Network; Details on the `Dummies Daily' newsletter; Revenue source of the services; Alliance of IDG with iUniverse.
- New Investor For iUniverse. // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p20
Deals with the reported gain of publisher Barnes & Noble from the partial sale of its stake in iUniverse in 2000. Implication of the sale; Financial information on the company.
- iUniverse, Lightning Test New Print Program for Fisher Book. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 38, p15
Reports on the use of print-on-demand (POD) and offset printing in the publication of the book "If I Knew Then," by Amy Fisher by iUniverse in the U.S. Use of the POD print program from Lightning Source; Reason of Fisher for publishing her book at iUniverse; Benefits of using the POD print program.
- Driscoll Named iUniverse CEO. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 28, p16
Reports on the appointment of veteran book publishing executive Susan Driscoll as president and chief executive officer at iUniverse. Executive succeeded by Driscoll; Career background of Driscoll; Goal of iUniverse, according to Driscoll.