Millbrook Press Plans to Vacate School Library Market
- Millbrook results up in first quarter. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Reports on Millbrook Press enjoying an increase in trade sales for the first quarter ended October 31,1997. Sales figures; The company's purchase of Henry Holt's Twenty-First Century Books unit.
- Millbrook Press Not Deterred By Collapsed Negotiations With DK. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p5
Reports that Connecticut-based firm Millbook Press will pursue its plan to create a children's fiction imprint. Hiring of Simon Boughton to head the unit; Other key appointments; Failure of effort to acquire Dorling Kindersley's DK Ink backlist.
- For The Millbrook Press, The Destination's The Same But The Route Has Some New Turns. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
Reports the investments of the Millbrook Press in the U.S. Corporate revenues; Publication of quality books; Agreement with Simon & Schuster company.
- Millbrook has solid six months. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the financial performance of Millbrook Press for the six-month ended January 31, 1999. Factors contributing to the publishing firm's growth of revenues; Additions to the firm's titles; Expected growth of the firm in the second half of its fiscal year.
- Sales, earnings gain at Millbrook. J. M. // Publishers Weekly;3/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p13
Reports a rise in sales at Millbrook Press for the second quarter ending January 1998. Improvement attributed to increased trade, special sales and results at Twenty-First Century Books.
- Millbrook Firms Up New Imprint. Britton, Jason // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p14
Presents update on Millbrook Press as of January 8, 2001. Formation of children's trade imprint, Roaring Brook Press; Role of Deborah Brodie for Roaring Brook Press; Millbrook's expansion of its Copper Beech and Twenty-First Century imprints.
- Holtzbrinck to Buy Roaring Brook Press. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p13
Reports that Millbrook Press has reached a preliminary agreement to sell its Roaring Brook Press trade imprint to Holtzbrinck Publishers. Reason for the sale of the trade imprint; Plan of Holtzbrinck for the trade imprint; Advantage of the addition of Roaring Book Press to Holtzbrinck.
- Millbrook reports results, makes acquisition. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/17/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 47, p14
Presents financial news from Millbrook Press for the fiscal year that ended July 31, 1997. Increase in sales; Increase in net loss; To what the company attributes the increased losses; Millbrook's move to expand with the purchase of Twenty-First Century Books from Henry Holt.
- Investments Weaken Earnings at Millbrook. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 46, p11
Reports on the decline in earnings of Millbrook Press in 2001 caused by the marginal increase in its revenues. Investment expenses in launching the fiction imprint, Roaring Brook Press; Increase in the company's expenses in telemarketing, direct-marketing and direct-selling materials; Plan of...