Fourth Circuit Upholds the Army Corps of Engineers' Decision to Permit Mountaintop Waste Disposal in America's Rivers
- Comment on Recent Cases. O. K. M.; C. S. J.; M. C. L.; W. C. J.; C. H. T. Jr.; M. K. W.; W. E. C.; T. A. J. D.; W. W. F. Jr. // California Law Review;Sep13, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p532
Presents court cases and decisions in California for the year 1913. Discussion on the reversal for admission of incompetent testimony; Assessments on paid-up stock; Overvaluation of stock issued for property; Injunction of pollution of water by mining operations.
- The Clean Water Controversy. // Congressional Digest;Dec85, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p290
Focuses on the controversy concerning water pollution in the U.S. Establishment of the role of the Federal government in recognition of the interstate nature of waterways; Inclusion of standards and financial aid in the Federal program; Controversy over the future scope of the Clean Water Act.
- Waterway cleanup plans pass in spite of posturing. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p16A
Editorial. Comments on the City-County Council's passage of two measures that will begin the cleanup of the White River and its tributaries in Indianapolis, Indiana. Key stipulations of the cleanup measures; Causes of pollution in the White River; Controversies regarding the cleanup measures...
- Put it on paper, attorneys urge. // Nonprofit World;May/Jun98, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p10
States that creating a paper trail is the best way to guard against lawsuits which can destroy a nonprofit organization. Advice from nonprofit attorneys at Nonprofit Legal Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin regarding lawsuits.
- Allied sues N.J. over transfer station siting. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;3/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p23
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Allied Waste Industries Inc. against the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. Allegation of illegal blocking of a development of a marine transfer station to handle New York City trash; Elimination of the need for trash trucks; Approval of the...
- R (on the application of Murray) v Derbyshire County Council(*). Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;2/2/2002, Issue 205, p131
Presents the R (on the application of Murray) versus Derbyshire County Council case. Case regarding the town and country planning for waste disposal; Facts of the case; Court decision on the case.
- R (on the application of Thornby Farms Ltd) v Daventry District Council(*). Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;2/2/2002, Issue 205, p132
Presents the R (on the application of Thornby Farms Ltd.) v Daventry District Council case. Case regarding town and country planning for waste disposal; Facts of the case; Court decision on the case.
- Ebb & flow. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the retrial of the case between the United Haulers Association and Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Management Authority in the U.S. Disagreement on the operation of flow control; Violation on the Constitution's Commerce Claus; Details of the case.
- "A Breathtaking Assertion of Power"? Not Quite. Pronsolino v. Nastri and the Still Limited Role of Federal Regulation of Nonpoint Source Pollution. Garovoy, Jocelyn B. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p543
Explores the role of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to regulate nonpoint source pollution in the case, Pronsolino v. Nastri. Legal background of the U.S. Clean Water Act and its relevance to the nonpoint source pollution; Facts of the case; Economic incentives of adopting solutions to...