A Small Step Forward: Environmental Protection Provisions in the 2002 Farm Bill
- The Supportive Policies and Dimensions of Environmental Security in Agriculture of Iran. Ommani, Ahmad Reza // Research Journal of Environmental Sciences;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p588
The purpose of this study was to identify and prioritize the supportive policies and dimensions of environmental security in agriculture of Iran, within the ten months period. The population consisted of all extension experts in the Khuzestan Province of Iran (N=110). All of experts were...
- EPA rulemaking gets attention of Congress. Keppen, Dan // Western Farmer-Stockman;Dec2010, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p48
The article reports on the criticisms to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) legislation to the farming activity of the farmers in the U.S. Norm Semanko, the executive director of the Idaho Water Users Asociation, has discussed the negative impact of the EPA regulation to their work,...
- The environment and the 1995 Farm Bill: Discussion. Osborn, Tim // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1219
Discusses the Conservation Title of the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 which appeared in the papers of Kuch and Ogg, and Ervin and Schmitz. Consequences of the passage of the act to different environmental programs; Important themes being continued by the 1996 act;...
- Applying Sustainable Land Use Development Studies to Sustainable Agriculture. Kim, Jullee // Brooklyn Law Review;Spring2013, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1033
No abstract available.
- Resolve to become a better steward of the land. RILEY, KELLY S. // Farm & Dairy;1/1/2015, Vol. 101 Issue 15, pB6
The article presents the author's encouragement to set a goal that is good for the environment by becoming stewards to protect and conserve the land and the planet in general.
- The 1995 Farm Bill and Natural Resource Conservation: Major ... Kuch, Peter J.; Ogg, Clayton W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1207
Focuses on the major environmental proposals for the conservation title of the 1996 Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act (FAIR) that appeared months before any legislation concerning commodity programs. Ambitious environmental agendas versus budget and regulatory pressures; The...
- AGRI-ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK IN SERBIA IN LIGHT OF THE HARMONISATION WITH EU LAW. Jovanić, Tatjana // Economics of Agriculture / Ekonomika Poljoprivrede;2013, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p321
Economic sanctions, production and economic drop, as well as impoverishment have significantly reduced capabilities of the state for investment in environmental protection, but as well environmental concerns of agricultural producers. However, compliance with mandatory standards and rules...
- Federal environmental laws turn exasperating. Cornett, Richard // Western Farm Press;2/6/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the potential impact of the federal environmental laws Endangered Species Act and the Clean Water Act on the agriculture industry in the U.S. The pesticide and growers group complained about the details of the implementation of the new restrictions set by the Environmental...
- Environment schemes must have incentives. // Farmers Weekly;6/14/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 24, p5
Offers suggestions on improving the agriculture and environment schemes of politicians in Great Britain as of June 14, 2002. Requirement for the effectivity of the schemes.