Piney Run: The Permits Are Not What They Seem
- FRESH BUSINESS. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, pC15
Reports on the issuance of business licenses in Wenatchee, Washington. Names of the business enterprises; Information on liquor license; Presentation of commercial lawsuits.
- Auction Ends; Now The Lawsuits Begin. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the possible lawsuits on the re-auction of the 422 C- and F-Block wireless licenses by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Pending lawsuit of NextWave Telecom Inc.; Complaints of small companies on the FCC rules; Petition filed by Allegheny Communications Inc....
- Comment on Recent Cases. O. K. M.; C. S. J.; M. C. L.; W. C. J.; C. H. T. Jr.; M. K. W.; W. E. C.; T. A. J. D.; W. W. F. Jr. // California Law Review;Sep13, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p532
Presents court cases and decisions in California for the year 1913. Discussion on the reversal for admission of incompetent testimony; Assessments on paid-up stock; Overvaluation of stock issued for property; Injunction of pollution of water by mining operations.
- Miccosukee and its Implications for National Discharge Elimination System Permits. Gong, Miranda // Ecology Law Quarterly;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p783
Examines the implications of the case, Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida v. South Florida Water Management District, for national discharge elimination system permits required by the U.S. Clean Water Act. Facts of the case; Criticisms of the court's decision.
- No Threat of Unconstitutional Censorship in Park Permit Ordinance. Kozlowski, James C. // Parks & Recreation;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p49
Talks about the U.S. Supreme Court case of Thomas versus Chicago Park District in Illinois, which considered the constitutionality of a park district ordinance requiring individuals or groups to obtain a permit before conducting or engaging in any activity which created any amplified sound in a...
- CBL Cable wins CIS certification appeal. Stanton, Justin // Contract Journal;7/6/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6532, p2
Reports on the success of the appeal filed by CBL Cable Contractors in the Chancery Division against the refusal of its Cataloguing In Source certificate. Basis of the court's decision regarding the appeal; Overview of the case.
- Comment on Recent Cases. // California Law Review;Mar1914, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p231
Comments on several cases filed in California in May 1914. Commerce between ports of the same and different states; State license tax on itinerant vendors; Constitutional issues in the vaccination of students.
- Louisiana floral 'cartel' sued. Butler, Elisabeth; Roberts, Deon; Miller, Holly; Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Institute for Justice against the Louisiana Horticulture Commission regarding the unconstitutionality of the state's law on florists. Requirement for florists to pass a state-mandated licensing exam before they can sell flowers; Accusation of the plaintiff on...
- Be quick off the mark. Edwards, Martin; Martin, John // Estates Gazette;5/13/2006, Issue 620, p170
The article focuses on the issues involved in filing applications for judicial review of the grant of planning permissions. The British House of Lords held in the case Burkett versus Hammersmith and Fulham London Borough Council that time starts to run from the date upon which the planning...