SunGuard to Acquire Higher Ed. E-Learning Solutions Provider SCT
- Electronic Education Publishers Pursue Alliances For Distribution And Content. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p3
Reports on several consolidations among electronic education publishers for the first half of the year 2000 as companies used partnerships to expose customers to their products.
- EER's Index Of Alliances, First Half 2000. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p4
Presents an index of alliances in the electronic education publishing industry for the first half of the year 2000.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the partnership and acquisition in electronic publishing in the U.S. as of August 4, 2003. Acquisition of electronic database publisher SIRS Publishing by information aggregator ProQuest; Percentage of the ownership interest of Princeton Review.
- Open market quickly plays another hand: Buys Folio from Reed. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Mar97, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on computer software maker Open Market's acquisition of Utah-based Folio from Reed Elsevier. Emergence of Open Market as a major player in commercial Web publishing; Combination of commerce tools with Folio's documentary repository. INSET: Other Open Market news.
- Briefly... // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;05/31/99, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p27
Presents news briefs related to the electronic publishing industry worldwide as of May 31, 1999. Includes Graphic Arts Show Co.'s acquisition of the Gutenberg Festival; Schedules of the Digital Printing & Imaging Association's annual conference; Licensing agreement between piezo ink-jet print...
- Business as usual at BvDES. // Information World Review;May2001, Issue 169, p2
Emphasizes that customers of Bureau van Dijk Electronic Services (BvDES) have nothing to fear from reports that Bureau van Dijk Computer Services was negotiating for its acquisition by interested companies. Remarks from Tony Pringle, executive of BvDES; Enhancements to BvDES global database of...
- Penton aims to be strong Internet player through Mecklermedia acquisition. Loro, Laura // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Nov98, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p3
Reports on Cleveland-based publishing firm Penton Media's acquisition of Mecklermedia Corp. to boost its bid to become the leader in Internet publishing in the country. Terms and condition of the purchase deal; Marketing benefits to be gained by Penton from the acquisition; Increase in the...
- Web Design Embraces Application Servers. Peek, Robin // Information Today;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p40
Discusses plans of Macromedia Inc. to merge with Allaire Corp. How Allair's application server product, Cold Fusion, will benefit Macromedia; Observations on the growing market for application servers; Details on the Cold Fusion Markup Language; Impact of the merger on Adobe Systems Inc.
- ingenta Acquires CatchWord in $16 Million Transaction. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;3/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the acquisition of CatchWord, an online journal conversion and distributor service, by ingenta, the document supplier based in the United Kingdom. Details of the acquisition; Pay-per-view service for nonsubscribers of journals found on the Internet; Other companies bought by ingenta.