With Revenue Shrinking, WRC Media Faces Default on Credit Agreements and Cash Shortfall in 2004
- Soft Funding Leads to Staff Reductions at WRC Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p10
Reports on a decrease in the total revenue of educational publisher WRC Media in 2002. Causes of the decline; Net loss posted by the publisher; Decision of WRC to downsize its workforce.
- Revenue Down at WRC Media, Operating Performance Improves. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher WRC Media Inc. in the year 2002.
- WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Exec. Suite. // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the reorganization move of New York-based supplemental curriculum and assessment publisher, WRC Media Inc. Reason behind the firm's move; Businesses operated by WRC in the K-12 area; Executives added to the company's management line-up.
- Only Weekly Reader Posts Increase as WRC Media Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p5
Analyzes the financial performance of New York City-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media for 2003. Decline in revenue; Company's effort to pursue new financing to help it meet its financial expectations. INSET: WRC Media Financial Results(1) Year End, Ended Dec. 31, 2003 ....
- WRC Media Releases Mixed Year-End Report. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the decline in total sales of WRC Media, a supplementary educational publisher for the fiscal year 2003. Rate of increase in operating income; Comparison of the net loss of the company between 2002 and 2003; Percentage of sales at the company's operating segments; Appointment of Neal...
- News Briefs. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that WRC Media Inc. is creating the Weekly Reader Publishing Group as part of its new organizational structure as it integrates with Reader's Digest Association Inc. The Weekly Reader Publishing Group consists of Weekly Reader magazines, books and custom publishing among...
- WRC Media's Q2 Revenue Improves 3.9% On Growth In AGS. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the increase of revenues in the K-12 supplemental publisher, WRC Media Inc. in New York. Consideration of the large sales growth in its largest unit, American Guidance Service, as the reason for the revenue increase; Statement of CEO Martin Kenney on the improvement of the company;...
- CompassLearning Drives Revenue Gains At WRC Media in 2001. // Electronic Education Report;03/01/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
Reports the growth of the revenue of the electronic supplemental publisher WRC Media in New York City. Contribution of the CompassLearning software sales on the increase earning of the company; Financial statement of the company; Views of Martin Kenney, chief executive officer of the company,...
- WRC Media Reports Q1 Sales Drop At CompassLearning Software Unit. // Electronic Education Report;05/24/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on financial results posted by WRC Media for the first quarter of 2000.