Keeping Bullies at Bay
- PATYÄŒIÅ² PREVENCIJOS IÅ GRYNINTOJE GIMNAZIJOJE BRUOÅ½AI. Prakapas, Romas; Liubeckaitė, Jolanta // Socialinis Darbas;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p109
Bullying is an aggressor's behaviour when a person unable to resist is put at constant physical and psychological discomfort. Since this phenomenon is widely spread in different human communities, from pre-school educational institutions to academic communities and working associations,...
- Bullying is not a 'normal' part of childhood. Epperly, Jeff // Bay Windows;4/26/2001, pN.PAG
Discusses bullying toward openly gay or perceived-to-be-gay students in schools. Attitude of school administrators and teachers toward student-on-student harassment; Details of anti-gay harassment in schools which include verbal abuse; Consequences of schoolyard bullying for bullies and the...
- New technology and girl power change face of bullying. Marshall, Michael // Education (14637073);11/25/2005, Issue 201, p1
Discusses issues concerning school bullying in Great Britain. Reason the government should develop a children's community rescue scheme; Difference between girl and boy bullies; Factors to consider in implementing a school policy dealing with bullying.
- Chapter Twenty: Is Willoughby Mad? Reed, Talbot Baines // Willoughby Captains;3/ 1/2008, p171
Chapter 20 of the book "The Willoughby Captains" is presented. It explores the Parliamentary session wherein they have their regular votation of school board officials to divide the house as well as the students of Willoughby. It also depicts the scene wherein Parson, Telson, Cusack and King had...
- sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/27/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p7
The article presents a quiz about the appropriate reaction or response of children to people who are bullying them.
- What's a Bully? // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
Present a summary of an article about bullying in middle schools and high schools and provides discussion questions and an activity to accompany the article.
- When Words Hurt. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Feb2012, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p1
A series of quizzes about bullying is presented.
- Grabbing the Bully by the Horns. Fujimura, Sara Francis // Current Health 1;Apr/May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p29
Presents information on bullying and bully prevention. INSET: What Would You Do?.
- "We are the Solution". Morais, Carmen; Porter, Alex // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on bullying at school.