- Internet Impact. Veres, Bob // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p34
This article discusses the impact of the Internet on the financial planning profession in the U.S. as of September 2002. There are several changes brought about by the three major communications innovations of the past five centuries. The first, which has been studied in depth by historians, is...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- Expanding the Body of Knowledge. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
This section focuses on the mission of the 'Journal of Financial Planning,' which is to expand the body of knowledge of the financial planning profession. To conceptualize--knowledge, acquaintance with facts, range of information, awareness or understanding, is essential to excellence in work,...
- My Final Exam. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p54
â€¢ Though few agree on how financial planners should be regulated, most agree that today's system has serious flaws. This paper, winner of the Journal of Financial Planning's 2004 Call for Papers competition in the Future of the Profession category, envisions a future in which financial...
- 'Spot' Financial Planning: The Newest Trend? // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
This section invites readers to offer their opinion on a trend called spot financial planning.
- RFP Calendar. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p11
A calendar of events for registered financial planners in the U.S. from January to February 2009 is presented, including the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge, the Southern California Public, and the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority in Florida.
- New Standards for Financial Planners. Ward, Gerry // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for financial planners. Brief information about ISO; Objective of the Technical Committee 222; Brief information about the process for financial planning.
- CORRECTIONS. // Financial Planning;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p18
Several corrections to articles published in the June 2007 issue of "Financial Planning" are presented including "Behind the Numbers," by Marshall Eckblad and "FP50: The Independent Broker-Dealer Survey."
- Practice what you preach. Liondis, George // Money Management;7/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p12
Focuses on the goal of advisers to improve the financial gains of their clients in Australia. Recognition of the value of good practice management by financial planners.