- ask the adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p16
The article presents answers to questions on topics related to personal finance and financial management, with information on jewelry appraisal guarantees, 401(k) savings plans and investments, and customer satisfaction with the telecommunication service provider AT&T.
- Managing your 401(k) fund. Wilburn, Deborah // Working Mother;Apr95, p20
Presents guidelines on how to manage 401(k) funds. Conservative investing; Performance of funds.
- Consider time frame before investing. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;4/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 88, p16
Provides answers to reader's financial questions, including when a 401(k) can be rolled over into an individual retirement account.
- Avoiding portable-pension potholes. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 129, pB6
Provides advice on 401(k) plans for employees leaving their place of employment for another job. How 401(k) plans work; Three options that departing employees have; Why it is advisable to keep out of the transfer process as much as possible; Withdrawal information; Legislation in the United...
- Even non-deductible funds grow tax-deferred. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p65A
Presents answers to queries related to personal finance. Advantages of making after-tax 401(k) contributions after reaching the maximum of the dollar amount that can be placed in before tax; Claiming of oneself as one's own dependent in order to secure tax exemption.
- 401 (what?). Fleischer, Jo // Westchester County Business Journal;7/31/95, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p20
Focuses on the lack of information available in the workplace for employees with 401(k) plans. Increasing number of young people who are not participating in retirement programs; Barriers that prevent employees from getting specific financial planning advice at work; Possible reaction of...
- Does contributing to match-free 401(k) make sense? Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p43
Answers readers' questions on issues concerning personal finance. Potential returns from investing into match-free 401(k) plans; Pros and cons of waiting or choosing pension options at the time of retirement.
- On your own. Kahn, Virginia Munger // FW;9/26/95, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p64
Explains the difficulty that financial services face in trying to provide meaningful advice to participants in the popular retirement plans known as 401(k)s. Why most companies and the financial institutions that provide the investment vehicle want to avoid being considered advisors; Fear of...
- Should You Tap Your 401(k) in an Emergency? // USA Today Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2683, p11
Explores alternatives facing laid off couples who want to take money from their 401 (k) plan in the U.S.. Options facing couples regarding nonretirement financial sources; Factors to consider before tapping into the 401 (k) plan; Drawback and advantage of taking or borrowing money from the plan.