- ask the adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p16
The article presents answers to questions on topics related to personal finance and financial management, with information on jewelry appraisal guarantees, 401(k) savings plans and investments, and customer satisfaction with the telecommunication service provider AT&T.
- Managing your 401(k) fund. Wilburn, Deborah // Working Mother;Apr95, p20
Presents guidelines on how to manage 401(k) funds. Conservative investing; Performance of funds.
- Consider time frame before investing. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;4/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 88, p16
Provides answers to reader's financial questions, including when a 401(k) can be rolled over into an individual retirement account.
- Borrowing against your 401(k) could be a very costly mistake. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p52A
Offers tips and advice on personal investments. Provision in 401(k) plans that allows participants to borrow from their accounts; Potential impact of borrowing from 401(k) plans on long-term retirement savings potential.
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p31
Explains the options for handling 401(k) funds when switching jobs. Direct rollover transfer; Account balance; Option to continue to defer paying taxes on the money.
- ASK THE EXPERT. AuWerter, Stephanie // Money;Jul2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p21
The article presents answers to questions on personal finance, including which mutual fund to use for college, whether using a single computer exclusively for online financial transactions minimizes fraud, and how to save more for retirement with a 401(k) contribution that has been capped at six...
- 401(k) transfers may be allowed. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;5/30/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
Reports that highly paid employees in the United States may be able to transfer money into their 401(k) plans from non-qualified deferred compensation plans after the end of 1994. Benefits for employers and employees; Specifications by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Avoiding portable-pension potholes. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 129, pB6
Provides advice on 401(k) plans for employees leaving their place of employment for another job. How 401(k) plans work; Three options that departing employees have; Why it is advisable to keep out of the transfer process as much as possible; Withdrawal information; Legislation in the United...
- Even non-deductible funds grow tax-deferred. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p65A
Presents answers to queries related to personal finance. Advantages of making after-tax 401(k) contributions after reaching the maximum of the dollar amount that can be placed in before tax; Claiming of oneself as one's own dependent in order to secure tax exemption.