- Feeling rich or poor is an individual choice. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p94
The author argues that feeling rich or poor is an individual choice. He states that there are many people who are prudent suburban and rural residents who are millionaires who go to work every day, earned and paid their living expenses. One is considered rich when they get to make choices both...
- Profiles of an American wealth gap. Fitzgerald, Jim; Smith, Vicki // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 232, p7
The article tells the story of Roy Houseman, who was laid off after finished celebrating his election to the City Council in Missoula, Montana, Ashleigh Dorner, who has a car but no money for gas or insurance, and financial adviser John Morgan, who avoids interaction with the poor.
- Repor ts provide a glimpse of richest and poorest Illinoisans. Heupel, Dana // Illinois Issues;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to the economy of Illinois including one titled, "Wealthy Americans, Philanthropy and the Common Good," and second, "2011 Report on Illinois Poverty."
- A Rich-Poor, Smart-Dumb Gap? // Earth Island Journal;Summer2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p15
Uncovers the growing gap between the rich and the poor in England. Findings of the Royal Economic Society; Overview of the government's New Deal program.
- FROM BIG THINGS LITTLE THINGS GROW. Skeffington, Robert // BRW;5/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the benefit of the poor people from rich people. Effects of stalling global economy on Australia; Top 20 wealth generators.
- The 'haves' have more. Dyer, Andre // BRW;5/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p30
Focuses on the gap between the poor and rich people in Australia. Distribution of wealth; Value of equity holdings.
- Poor and rich -- the facts. // New Internationalist;Mar99, Issue 310, p18
Presents facts about the poor and the rich. Definition of poverty; Poverty measurement; Income of rich people; Aid to poor countries; Consumption of people in high-income countries.
- ORIENT EXCESS. Vougioukas, Janis // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p70
The article reports about the developments in various areas that are taking place in China. The building of personal wealth is a relatively new concept in China and it has now the second-largest economy in the world. China is home to roughly 500,000 millionaires but in a country of more than 1.3...
- Diet-related knowledge, attitudes, and practices of low-income individuals with children in the..... Morton, Joan F.; Guthrie, Joanne F. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p2
Compares the nutrition-related knowledge, attitudes, and practices of low- and higher-income American consumers. Comparison between higher and low-income respondents in terms of awareness of diet-disease relationships, using the nutrition panel when buying, lowfat and low cholesterol eating...