Why Not ESOPs for Success Planning?
- Employee stock ownership still a strong succession planning option. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p17
The article features employee stock ownership plans (ESOP), which play a major role in spreading an ownership culture and offering business founders to sell their companies in the U.S. According to Davin R. Gustafson, an accounting and business advisory firm in Mayfield Village, business owners...
- Become a High Impact Owner Through Business Succession. Tanner, Richard // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p116
Offers tips on succession planning in tool shops. Common problems encountered by business owners regarding business succession; Factors to be considered in succession planning; Information on an employee stock ownership plan.
- Proper Planning Prevents Predictably Poor Performance. Bannon, Mel B. // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep2015, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses several principles of business exit and succession planning process. The principles discussed include establishing exit goals by measuring one's financial and mental readiness, identifying the type of exiting owner one most resembles, and exit option which include family...
- Why Not ESOPs for Success Planning? Rosen, Corey // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p19
The article comments on an essay on succession planning that failed to mention the use of employee stock ownership plans (ESOP). ESOPs are one of the most common succession planing tools in small business; because, unlike any other succession plan, the sale to an ESOP can be accomplished...
- Stock ownership guidelines: Good, bad or indifferent. Keshishian, Greg // NACD Directorship;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
Presents some of the reasons for boards to encourage management employees to own the stock of the companies for which they work. Board-level concerns about such policies; How an appropriate balance between financial risk and compensation rewards is established; Reasons for implementing ownership...
- Gucci Drops ESOP Tactic. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 91, p2
Reports on the termination of the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) of the Milan, Italy-based Gucci Group NV. Grant of other shares to its employees; Reasons for terminating its ESOP; Development of other stock ownership plans.
- Stock Ownership of U.S. Families, by Income & Age, 1989, 1995, 1998, & 2001. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p128
Presents statistics regarding the stock ownership of U.S. families by income and age for 1989, 1995, 1998, and 2001. Consideration of the annual income of families with direct or indirect stock holdings; Median value of portfolios for families with stock holdings; Percent of stock holdings as...
- Meeting with Your Member of Congress During the Annual Conference? // ESOP Report;Apr2012, p5
The article offers information on the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Association's Spring Advocacy Kit and the Congressional Company Visit Kit.
- From the Legal Corner. Nicholas, Drake D. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p30
The article provides an answer to a question regarding an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).