N.J.'s Whitman urges greater voter say over local tax hikes in state address
- A promise unfulfilled. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p22
Editorial. Comments on New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's failure to fulfill her campaign promise of privatization. Public employees' certification of Department of Environment compliance; Reliance on licensed private sector professionals to make certain things are done.
- Whitman's losing speed. // Business News New Jersey;07/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p16
Editorial. Comments on the proposed gasoline tax of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Use of the tax to repair roads and fund open spaces; Question on the future agenda of Whitman on her second term.
- Several insurance laws signed by N.J. Gov. Christine Whitman. // Insurance Advocate;01/31/98, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p24
Presents bills affecting the insurance industry that were signed into law by New Jersey Governor Christine Whitman at the conclusion of the legislative session on January 12, 1998. Requirement for podiatrists to obtain malpractice insurance; Exemption on the payment of personal injury protection...
- Off to a good start in the regulation wars. // Business News New Jersey;1/24/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p20
Editorial. Focuses on New Jersey's regulation policies. Economic aspects; Evaluation of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Implications; Expectations; Executive Internet seminars.
- Big time lobbying. // Business News New Jersey;05/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on a speech given by New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman, at a Congressional Caucus Room on May 6, 1997, before 350 representatives who demonstrated their support for the renewal of the federal Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Lobbying actions of various...
- Highways and byways. // Business News New Jersey;09/08/97, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p3
No abstract available.
- N.J. governor approves bill to permit insurers to use rating organizations' data. // Insurance Advocate;11/25/95, Vol. 106 Issue 46, p8
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Whitman's approval of a bill permitting insurance companies to use information provided by insurance rating organizations for private passenger automobile insurance ratemaking. Signing of the bill into law; Background on the bill; Implications of the...
- Whitman signs bill exempting some insurers from assessments covering debt of MTF. // Insurance Advocate;2/3/96, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the signing of a bill into law by Governor Christine Whitman that would exempt insurance companies from assessments for the payment of the Market Transition Facility (MTF) debt in New Jersey. Satisfying of the anticipated and financial obligations of the MTF; Requirements needed in...
- A program for the second half. // Business News New Jersey;2/21/96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p24
Editorial. Recommends a program of action for the second half of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's term. Whitman's focus on tax reduction.