Flight to safety fuels across-the-board boost in mutual fund inflows
- Mavericks succeed by stressing credit or structure with a twist. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p8
Focuses on the investment strategies recommended by municipal bond mutual fund managers in the United States. Emphasis on the funds' structure to determine viability; Clues to emphasize in taking credit risks; Examples of the approaches used by fund managers in negotiating the dynamics of...
- Quality Counts: Insurance, Ratings Were Key in 2002. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p30
Reports that the best performing municipal bond mutual funds in 2002 were those invested in high-quality credits. Average total returns for the year produced by these bonds; Role of their quality in producing such returns; Factors contributing to the success of mutual funds less bound by rigid...
- Fourth Quarter Winner & Losers. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p30
Presents information regarding the performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. during the fiscal fourth quarter of 2002. Names of the mutual funds; Fourth quarter total return on the funds; One-year cumulative income from these funds.
- 2002 Winner & Losers. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p31
Presents information regarding the performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. during 2002. Names of the mutual funds; One-year total return on the funds; One-year cumulative income from these funds.
- Short-Term Bonds Take Lead in Strong April for Mutual Fund Inflow. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p40
Reports the domination of municipal bonds in mutual fund flow according to Investment Company Institute in the U.S. Citation of assets in short-term municipal bond funds; Dissatisfaction of client on money market fund returns; Increase of municipal bond fund inflows.
- Market knowledge in managed municipal bond portfolios. Singh, Sandeep; Dresnack, William H. // Financial Services Review;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p185
Presents a study which analyzed the open-end municipal bond mutual funds' investment performance. Objective of mutual funds in relation to income; Indepth look at the monthly returns of municipal bond funds; Methodology used to conduct the study; Results of the study.
- Mutual Funds Lose More Than They Gain. SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;4/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33295, p1
The article reports on the 187.2 million dollars net outflow on municipal bond mutual funds during the week ended in March 31, 2010 in the U.S.
- Bond Fund Outflows Ebb. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;2/8/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 21, p6
Brief information is given about a decline in municipal bond mutual fund outflows for the week ending February 2, 2011 and the peak performance of outflows on January 19th.
- Weekly Reporters Saw Moderate Inflows Over the Past Two Weeks. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p7
The article reports on the moderate inflow of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Muni Bond Mutual Funds Report Solid Inflows. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;10/22/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33800, p2
The article offers information on the municipal bond mutual funds which ended with strong inflows of 621 million U.S. dollars by October 17, 2012.