Big deal brightens Mississippi's expected dull year for debt authorization
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Denver Aquarium Bondholders Weigh City Takeover. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p4
Reports on the effect of proposal of Denver, Colorado city to takeover Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities authority on the investors who hold defaulted revenue bonds sold by the facility in 1997 to finance the Ocean Journey aquarium. Proposal of the city for bondholders regarding...
- Bond Contracts Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Dispute. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p36
Reports the debate on bond contracts and disclosure of the outstanding airport debt by top bond attorneys in Michigan. Vulnerability of the county for liabilities of outstanding debt; Impairment of the contract between the county and the bondholders; Failure of the attorneys and financial...
- Mecklenburg County, N.C., See-Saws Between GO Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Discusses the difference between issuance of general obligation bonds in January 2002 and 2003 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Utilization of proceeds of the bond plan in civil work; Number of authorized and unissued debt from referendum for the year 1999, 2000 and 2002.
- Federal revenues still de rigeur asset for Mexican muni deals. // Asset Securitization Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p26
Reports that Mexican sub-national are depending on federal co-participation revenues to back local bonds. Issuance of public debt; Institutional investors; Master trust set up for coupon payments.
- Give Them Some Liberty. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p1
Reports on the preparation for a private-activity bonds to refund budget deficit in New York City. Reduction in state debts; Issuance of Liberty bonds; Use of tax exempt bonds.
- N.Y. entities to issue $3.2B in first quarter. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p4
Deals with New York State's issuance of $3.24 billion in debt for the first quarter of 2000. State agencies involved; Issuers' plan; Amount to be issued by each agency; New York State Comptroller H. Carl McCall.
- West Virginia Eyes Plan to Fix Unfunded Pension Liability. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p26
Reports on West Virginia's plan to launch a taxable pension bond sale as a way to raise revenue and pay off its unfunded liabilities. Plan to secure a debt service that is lower than the current annual payments being made toward paying them off; Establishment of a five-year window in which the...