Top trustee banks: 1997
- Banks Took In Munis Last Year at Fastest Pace Since '98. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p40
The article reports on the increase of municipal bond holding of the U.S. banks in the year 2005. Part of the growth was the function of liquidity in the economy. Included banks that have increased were Citibank in New York, which gained the largest increased, second, Bank of America, third, La...
- Northeast Issuance Fell in 2013. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34065, p1
The article reports that U.S. Northeast issuers have sold 93.1 billion U.S. dollars of municipal bonds in 2013, which has decreased by 17.4 percent as compared to 2012. Topics discussed include 2013 Northeast statistics related to bond issuance in 11 states, Puerto Rico and the District of...
- Taxable TOBs Take The Stage. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/12/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33347, p1
The article reports on the advantages of taxable tender-option bonds (TOB) to investors and its growing demand in the U.S. It mentions that TOB are short-term, puttable and floating-rate certificates unveiled by banks to serve as collateral in lieu of long-term tax-exempt debt. According to...
- Fed Sets 3.10% Minimum On $30B 28-Day TAFs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p2
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board on January 25, 2008, Friday on its plan on minimum bid. The Federal Reserve Board stated that it will establish a 3.10 percent minimum bid on its $30 billion 28-day term auction facility credit that is selling January 28,...
- The Unsinkable Muni Market. Reber, Jim // Independent Banker;Sep2014, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p72
The article focuses on the growth of tax-free municipal securities in community banking. The benefits as well as the opportunities arising form bank qualified (BQ) municipal investments are outlined. The need to adhere to the municipal investment acquisition-and-monitoring procedures of...
- Treasury 3-Year Notes Go at 1.472% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34642, p1
The Treasury Department Tuesday auctioned $24 billion of three-year notes with a 1 3/8% coupon at a 1.472% high yield, a price of 99.716805.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33989, p1
The article lists the results of the sales of several U.S. securities including general obligation corporate purpose bonds, general obligation refunding bonds and bond anticipation notes along with financial services firms, school districts and banking firms.
- Muni Market Grows in 2Q Along With Bank Holdings. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34380, p41
The article reports that the total amount of outstanding municipal securities in the U.S. market rose by 0.55 percent to 3.71 trillion U.S. dollars in the second quarter of 2015, while the holdings of U.S. banks expanded to 477 billion U.S. dollars. Topics covered include how bank holdings in...
- Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings. // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p34
Presents a chart related to commercial banks' municipal bond holdings in the United States as of December 5, 2000.