CBOT eyes halving tick size on 10-year note
- The fate of the late, great eight. Simons // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p34
Discusses the Chicago Board of Trade's (CBOT) planned changes to the Treasury bond futures contract. Rationale for the move; Background on the product's success at CBOT; Impact of the introduction of bond options in 1988 on the bond futures contract; Expected effect of the 6% coupon;...
- Cantor heats up, CBOT fights back. Mosser, Mike // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the competition between the Cantor Exchange and the Illinois-based Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) for Treasury bond futures supremacy as of April 1999. United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission's approval of Cantor Exchange's plan to trade six percent coupon Treasury futures;...
- Computer glitch halts Chicago futures trading. // American Banker;9/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 178, p2
Reports on the cancellation of financial and agricultural futures trading at the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois on September 14, 1994 due to computer problems.
- Show me the money! // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 13, The Emergence of the CBO p10
Illustrates the ideal characteristics of a futures trading instrument in order to attract traders in the U.S. Factors to consider in trend trading; Reference to the Chicago Board of Trade mini-sized Dow; Growth potentials of trading instrument.
- CBOT OKs daytime computer futures. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p40
Reports on the vote by the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) to offer computer-based United States Treasury futures trading with its open-outcry pits. Effect on the municipal cash market; Schedule of Treasury offerings in the Project A system of the CBOT; Remarks from CBOT Chairman Patrick Arbor.
- More electronic rivals revving up to target CBT. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;10/06/97, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p3
Presents information on the Chicago Board of Trade with reference to the electronic trading of Treasury bonds market in Chicago, Illinois. Details on the Chicago Board of Trade's venture `Chicago Board Brokerage'; Comments from executive vice-president of derivative securities of Amex, Joseph...
- Chartview: After the hoopla. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the volume of treasury bond and bund traded at Chicago Board of Trade and London International Financial Futures Exchange's. Graphical representation of the trading.
- In Chicago: A Frenzied Bastion Of Capitalism. Nash, Madeleine // Time;1/22/1979, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on Chicago Board of Trade. It describes the Board of Trade's environment to be busy and filled with tension and risks, as brokers and dealers sell contracts to deliver goods months in futures. It states that most of the trade takes place in traditional commodities,...
- Four-step plan for rescuing cbt during a time of crisis. Arbor, Patrick H. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/20/99, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p11
Discusses a means of saving the Chicago, Illinois-based futures exchange Chicago Board of Trade (CBT) from extinction caused by electronic trading. Futures exchange's importance for the city's economic conditions; Need of CBT to establish partnerships; Installation of an electronic trading...