Terry Tracy of Salomon Smith Barney Inc
- 1998: Players differ on interest rates' direction, agree on economic slowdown. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p6
Presents the outlook for institutional investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Interest rates; Refundings; Inflation; Bond reserves; Utilities bonds.
- New year will bring rush of rollovers and refundings, but yields don't entice. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents the forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Sectors; Refundings; Maturity of coupon payments and notes; Yield climate; Tax-free bonds; Political front.
- John Hallacy of Merrill Lynch & Co. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents investment adviser John Hallacy's forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Calls and interest payments; Extension of maturities to compensate for the yield climate; Innovative sectors; Health care revenue financing for Catholic Health East.
- James Davis of Janney Montgomery Scott. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents investment adviser James Davis's forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. International economic turmoil; Need to rollover January and February redemptions; Pursuit of value; New-issue supply.
- Next year's issuance likely much the same. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30786, p1a
Reports on the views of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. analysts Philip Fischer and Yingchen Li about the possibility that the total long-term municipal bond issuance for 2000 will equal the 1999 amount.
- L.A. DWP deal the biggest Morsel on a skimpy plate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p8
Discusses the outlook for the municipal bond market in the United States for the week starting February 28, 2000. Expected value of the week's calendar of negotiated and competitive deals; Description of the largest deal for the week; Determining factors for the deals' success; Interest...
- TBMA: Muni Outlook Improves by 2001. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30919, p2
Predicts the continued growth of the United States municipal bond market through 2001, according to the Bond Market Association's Economic Advisory Committee. Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index for the months of September and December.
- Illinois favors sticking with negotiated sales for a while. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p3
Reports on Illinois finance officials' plan to bring a January 2000 issue and several subsequent deals to market through negotiated sales. State's desire to develop stronger relationships with investors and to lower borrowing costs; Illinois general obligation bond sales.
- Northeast Storms Into Retail Market With Several Offerings. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p7
Examines the municipal bond market in the Northeastern States as of June 25, 2001. New-issue activity; Extension of the maturities of retail investors seeking shelter from the extremely rich short end; Revenue offering from the Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement Trust.