John Hallacy of Merrill Lynch & Co
- Prerefunded Bond Supply Has Taken a Major Hit Since 2007. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/1/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33408, p34
The article focuses on the condition of the prerefunded bond supply, the highest-credit-quality municipal security since 2007 in the U.S. It notes on the steady drop in the municipal bond market in 2007 and its declined by 22 billion dollars in 2010. It mentions an estimate by John Hallacy, an...
- 1998: Players differ on interest rates' direction, agree on economic slowdown. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p6
Presents the outlook for institutional investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Interest rates; Refundings; Inflation; Bond reserves; Utilities bonds.
- New year will bring rush of rollovers and refundings, but yields don't entice. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents the forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Sectors; Refundings; Maturity of coupon payments and notes; Yield climate; Tax-free bonds; Political front.
- Bond Issuance, Interest Rates to Rise, Experts Predict. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2015, p1
Bankers at the National Municipal Bond Summit said they believe new bond issuance will increase, especially in the high-yield senior living and charter school sectors.
- James Davis of Janney Montgomery Scott. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents investment adviser James Davis's forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. International economic turmoil; Need to rollover January and February redemptions; Pursuit of value; New-issue supply.
- Terry Tracy of Salomon Smith Barney Inc. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p7
Presents investment adviser Terry Tracy's forecast for retail investments in municipal bonds in the United States in 1998. Renewal of investor confidence; Stock allocation; Tax-free income; Fixed-income bonds.
- Next year's issuance likely much the same. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30786, p1a
Reports on the views of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. analysts Philip Fischer and Yingchen Li about the possibility that the total long-term municipal bond issuance for 2000 will equal the 1999 amount.
- L.A. DWP deal the biggest Morsel on a skimpy plate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p8
Discusses the outlook for the municipal bond market in the United States for the week starting February 28, 2000. Expected value of the week's calendar of negotiated and competitive deals; Description of the largest deal for the week; Determining factors for the deals' success; Interest...
- TBMA: Muni Outlook Improves by 2001. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/23/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30919, p2
Predicts the continued growth of the United States municipal bond market through 2001, according to the Bond Market Association's Economic Advisory Committee. Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index for the months of September and December.