Yield hits 4-year low on NAPM, light trading
- Munis down in meager trading; market waits for non-farm payrolls. Kralev, Nicholas; Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p2
Highlights the April 1, 1999 performance of municipal securities in the United States, following the Treasuries' decline on a National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM) manufacturing report. Light secondary activity; Performance of government bonds; NAPM index.
- Municipals rally in early activity on coattails of NAPM report. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market in the United States has rallied on January 2, 1998. Gains; December 1997 index of the National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM); Decline of prices paid, new orders and employment; Effect of the Asian crisis on the US economy; Government bonds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, October 2. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of October 2, 2000. National Association of Purchasing Management Index; Construction spending; Government securities.
- Treasury prices knocked by run-up in stocks. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;11/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30266, p2
Presents the result of the October, 1997 survey of the National Association of Purchasing Management on the Treasury security prices. Decline in the price of the long-bond and the ten-year note; Percent increase in the five-year and two-year note yield; Industrial average of Dow Jones; Effect...
- Prices bounce up on purchasing survey. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p32
Reports that the National Association of Purchasing Management's (NAPM) December 1997 purchasing survey has sent the government Treasury securities, Treasury futures and municipal futures' prices soaring by more than a point on January 2, 1998 in the United States. NAPM index gains; Forecast in...
- A Subtle Change In Muni Swaps. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the U.S. municipal bond sector as of April 21, 2003. Strong new issue volume; Municipal bond swaps market players' use of the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor) instead of the Municipal Swap Index; Reasons for the preference for Libor; Influence of 'non-traditional' investors on...
- Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; D.C. Sells $330 Million of GOs. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p2
Reports on the rise in yields from New York City's municipal bonds on July 17, 2003. Sale of general obligation bonds by District of Columbia; Bonds offered in the market; Yields from other bonds.
- Munis Firm as N.Y. Opens Retail On $2 Billion Tobacco Financing. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p2
Reports on the trading of government securities in the U.S. on November 14, 2003. Retail orders in the municipal bond market; Trading of Treasury bonds; Major deals.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 22. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p2
Presents a table of the performance of United States municipal bonds and government securities as a whole as of August 22, 2000.