Salomon ends 1997 leading the ranks of senior managers
- Power community will plug away at its effort to grandfather debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1
Reports on the performance of top senior managing underwriters in the municipal bond market in the United States in 1999. Includes Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Goldman, Sachs & Co; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Smith Barney fund wins $14.7 million. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p1
Reports that a jury has awarded $14.7 million to Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s Smith Barney Managed Municipals Fund in a lawsuit filed over an issuer's substitution of escrow securities that were backing zero-coupon bonds. Importance of the case to the move toward full disclosure in municipal...
- Leveraged products inflate bond demand. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p35
Cites an increase in demand for municipal bonds in the United States due to leveraged product structures such as tender-option bond programs, based on a report by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Impact of these programs to the supply-demand differentials; Effects of the exacerbation of the use of...
- Salomon keeps unit for muni arbitrage. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p35
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s decision to continue with its four-person municipal group's true arbitrage effort. Municipal desk's primary cash and carry trade; Smith Barney's plan to dissolve its bond arbitrage department.
- New York City's tobacco debt ready to price. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p1
Reports on New York City's plan to issue a municipal bond backed by the city's share of the tobacco settlement fund as of November 4, 1999. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s plan to price the proposed bond; Investors' concerns regarding the proposed bond.
- Is Salomon taking too much trading risk, analyst asks. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 42, p8
Discusses the discomfort expressed by investment analysts over the ability of Salomon Smith Barney Inc. turn in profits despite a dismal third quarter 2000 trading environment. Profits posted by the company for the period; Views on the outsized revenue growth trajectory of the company.
- Plumbers Hire Wurts, Changes May Ensue. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p1
Reports that the Plumbers Local 290 replaced Salomon Smith Barney Consulting Group with Wurts & Associates as of July 15, 2002.
- Municipals End Higher With Treasuries; Salt River Power, Fla. DOT Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase of municipal bond prices; Price increase in the issued bonds of the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District; Purchase of construction bonds by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. from the...
- Salomon Smith Barney Takes Top Spot in First Half. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30925, p37
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. topped the list of the financial service companies with the largest portfolio of municipal bond transactions in the United States for the first half of 2000. Total value of bonds managed by the company; Comparison with the completed deals of its competitors.